Sunday, November 21, 2010

Blistery Sunday.

Today was a harder Sunday for our clan. Kids shenanigans ensued, felt like a wild banshee wrangler the whole time. I might have even exclaimed a little louder of an "Amen" at the end of Relief Society, not because I was glad to be done with it, just glad I survived my kid craziness with my sanity intact. (I swear the wind is turning my kids into crazy hooligans!).
.
I was just starting to dread the inevitable "load the brood into the car in the freezing cold" end to church when something pretty cool happened. A Mom of older boys that was sitting across the way flagged down one of her sons to help me out to my car. I had a momentary thought of turning her down, my pride screaming that I could handle all this and Oh, so much more! But then I turned to her and said that would be wonderful.
.
See I had been thinking about a post a friend made HERE and it had been on my mind all day. What good would it have done me to try and haul my cranky kids out there all by myself when I was already feeling frustrated... when someone was trying to ease my load? He buckled Bianca in like a pro and Olivia practiced her manners by thanking him for helping us.
.
It also made my kinda admire the Mom for seeing a need and filling it as well as showing her boy how to fill those needs. I got my spiritual fill for the Sunday not when I was sitting in the chapel, but when I was in the Church parking lot.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I needed to read this post. And you're a stinking good writer/story teller!

Peter and Lesha said...

that was so sweet and so true she has taught her kids well. yes it's hard to get two kids in the car with out blowing away.

Sarah said...

Sometimes I think we (at least I) feel that if we aren't a mom who does it all (at least in appearance) then we (I) can't cut it as a mom. "Everyone else is doing it, so why can't I?"

I tried to keep up this pretense with Sophie and nearly died. So when Isabella came along, I not only accepted help, I sought it out. I had an outpouring of support from friends and family, which really helped my sanity.

Andrea said...

So true. Way to let someone help you out. Why do we always think we can do it all by ourselves?