Tuesday, March 31, 2009

I hate...

....or to rephrase "strongly dislike" that in between stage where you kind of have a bump, but it also looks like you might just be getting -for lack of a better word- a beer gut.

I can tell some people give a quick second take like "is she pregnant or just cheerily chubby? Better not comment just in case". I've been opting for the more pregnant looking shirts to make it stand out a little more so it's just not looking like a gut. It'll be nice for when it gets a little bit bigger and is more noticeable that I AM indeed pregnant.

~I know, I know! You are probably thinking "you should be so grateful that you aren't as big as a house yet and aren't terribly uncomfortable". I'm not meaning ENORMOUS bump, just that nice second trimester bump RIGHT before you get enormous!~

It's not as fun picking out outfits and all my "maternity" clothes are too big, where as all my "normal me" clothes are too small. Is it totally slobby just to where my PJ's all day long?? I literally tried to put on my cute maternity zip up hoody and I looked ridiculous, baggy in all the wrong places and just weird looking! But my regular hoodies just look like I am in "denial about my weight and am desperately clinging to that smaller size I wish I was" look.

I know there could be worse things in my life to complain about, but it was on my mind today and I wanted to vent!

6 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I belong to an etiquette message board, and we always talk about never assuming someone is pregnant until the baby is crowning!

Suzanne said...

I totally know what you mean... I HATE that stage, and I think it's totally acceptable to hang out in your pjs all day! Of course now that I AM as big as a house, I long for the days of not! :o) I'm sure you look great!

Unknown said...

I think it's okay to say "I HATE" here... it is truly the worst thing in the world. It just sucks.

Did you read about TAMNers "twins"? Oh my heck, I loved it when she was like, "my PERENIAL is burning!!!!" I love all the mispellings :)

Sarah said...

AMEN! I feel the same way! I complain to Spencer about it and he listens patiently, but I can tell he is thinking, "What's the big deal?" I'm glad you can empathize with me!

Lydia said...

I'm totally right there with you! Ah-I have nothing that fits correctly...

Jayme said...

The outfit you had on yesterday was totally cute.