So I am not a huge water drinker, and dislike the water from my house even less! We are on a water association and it is a higher mineral water and I don't enjoy the taste. I used to drink Crystal Light like it was going out of style. My friend Kaitlyn actually turned me onto these "on the go" packets way back when we used to work at the Kathy's together. Well once we had Olivia I started to batten down the hatches on my spending habits, and Crystal Light was one of the first things to go. As a result there has been none of the blessed drink mix in my house for almost a year. I would check to see if it was on sale occasionally, but it was never cheap enough for me to justify buying it. I could always think of other things I could buy with the money instead (milk, bread, butter).
Well I happened to check at Safeway today and it was on for 2.00 a box! I couldn't believe my luck, so I rationalized if it was for that good of a price, I simply could not turn it down!! So the Radder house has Crystal Light in it once again. I've made one glass and am savoring it as I write!
I know this may not seem like a big thing, but my priorities changed once I had Olivia. I kinda feel like buying things JUST for myself is being a little selfish, especially when I can drink regular water just fine. I do take time for some "me" time and stuff like that, but it really felt good to buy it at the store today and not feel guilty b/c it was marked down so low.
So don't feel offended if I don't offer you Crystal Light the next time you come to my house, I am rationing it out to make it last as long as I can. But it totally makes me crack a smile to open my cupboard and see those beautiful boxes sitting neatly on my shelf!
9 comments:
I think the only time I've ever had Crystal Light was at Kaitlyn's. :) I also have to rationalize buying things just for me. One of my favorite's is: "It's for the baby."
i like how everyone comes over to my house and drinks my crystal light... i am sensing a pattern here. now i know why you guys are really my friends. hmmmm.... maybe i am just the selfish one because i never really stopped buying it, then again i do share it! :) maybe not anymore now... haha.
that was funny and I liked Kaitlyn's comment:) I can't stand the stuff so no worries I feel like I can really taste the aspertane in it. but I do stock up on Caffeine free chai tea when Haggen has is cheap (not often)
I LOVE CRYSTAL LIGHT! Have you ever tried Wylers? It's not as good, but it's cheaper... and the WalMart cheapo brand, as much as I completely hate that store, is not too bad actually!
Well once i really started to drink it i kinda became a Crystal Light snob and if i was going to buy anything, i wanted the GOOD STUFF! i like the walmart brand better than the wylers brand!
I have a pitcher of the walmart brand fruit punch going right now. I love it!
I completely agree with you! I can't stand drinking water unless it is SUPER cold, or has some flavor to it....I love these little packs of goodness. :)
Gotta ge over to Safeway!!! Last time I bought it at Wally World it was $2.50 a box for the 10 count. I think Safeway sells the 14 count.
Yummy stuff!
I just went there today :D Did you see the tag that said if you bought 10 it would be $1.50 a box? Time to stock up for sure. Thanks for the tip.
Post a Comment