Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Ding Dong the Witch is DEAD!

Okay so not actually a witch, more like our annoying as all get out cow the bellowed at us ALL DAY long EVERYDAY!

I don't know if it could tell it's fate was imminent, but it was especially obnoxious this morning. It conveniently positioned itself right by the gate, so we didn't have to do a lot of finagling for the butchers.

I'm honestly surprised this whole time that no one called animal protection on us. For as much as it hoot-n-hollered all day you would think that we were neglecting it or something!!

Today was a glorious peaceful and quiet day. It was so WONDERFUL to have peace and quiet. Olivia and I enjoyed watching the other cow Violet and her baby run and frolic around the field. I like to think that they too were happy to get rid of such a whiner!

Marcus thinks no one will want read my blog with posts like this, but all this hobby farm stuff is a part of our lives and I figure as long as I'm not going too "in depth" to certain events, it will be okay.

7 comments:

Kristina P. said...

I love that a cow kept you awake. For most people, it would be a dog.

Unknown said...

I'll keep reading your blog... I love the ranting... and the references to Oz of course :)

kaitlyn said...

blaine cried herself to sleep tonight...

Musicmom-Amy said...

It sets the example for the other cows. Look what happens when you make too much noise!! You "disappear"! Enjoy the quiet and the food.

Jayme said...

Ask your butcher if he wants to kill a cat for me :) You can have the meat of course.

Kelly said...

Hey, I share about our sheep on our blog so you can share about your cows! I do wonder if others get tired of the cuteness factor of lamb after lamb so I didn't post pictures of the last 3.

Alicia said...

My favorite comment is the one "it sets the example for other cows." Hilarious. I'm so glad you have some peace and quiet now. Btw, Crystal Light rocks. Brandon and I are going to switch from 100% juice to Crystal Light. The sugar in juice is the same as in soda. Brandon and I walk around being all prideful that we aren't soda drinkers, but the only reason is because we get our sugar fix from juice! We gotta switch to stop these pounds from piling on us!