We were eating at the Olive Garden the other night and had the coolest experience. Our girls are getting to be pro's at eating at restaurants. We have been indulging quite a bit with our eating out since we have arrived here. Downside, we are spending lots of mullah on things to fill our bellies...Upside, our girls are excellent in restaurants! We plan to tone it down soon, just all the moving shenanigans and getting settled here, it is just so much easier to load up and have someone else cook you dinner!
But I digress.... So we were eating at the Olive Garden and at the end of our meal our waitress brings over this sampler platter of desserts saying it was a special treat from another diner! I have never had anyone do that for me and the girls about lost it! They were laughing and squealing, eating their magical desserts with such relish! I wrote a thank you note and had Olivia do some artwork for the nice people that treated us. I seriously welled up with tears when she brought the desserts to our table because it was SO nice.
When we gave our waitress the note, she kinda broke the rules and told us which table it was that did it. She really thought they would appreciate a thank you in person. It turned out it was the booth to the left of ours.
We had been seated for a little bit when they walked in. In Bianca's true exuberance for life she immediately waved hi to them as they walked past and showed off her salad she was eating. Telling them it was SO yummy. A couple of times she sneaked looks over the bench and smiled ruefully at the family, the little flirt. She does this any time we go anywhere so I don't really think about it. Apparently they were quite taken with her and their daughter that was with them was getting married that weekend. He said she just reminded them so much of how quick it goes and how every little girl deserves sweet treats now and then. They were the nicest couple and my girls were so sweet with their thank you's. The whole experience gave me the warm fuzzies for days after whenever I would think about it.
The kindness that I have found here in the south is mind blowing. Every where I go it is so easy to strike up conversations, like every one is an old friend. I will really miss that when we leave here!
1 comment:
That is so sweet. I love people.
Post a Comment