It just keeps getting hotter and hotter around here, so we have to keep finding fun things to do outside that don't give us heat stroke. Parks with shade are pretty fabulous, and even more magical when you go with friends!
We have also been getting together for some potlucks with a really great group of friends we met at church. The kids all play and play and have so much fun. One smart Mom brought bubbles and the kids were entertained with it forever.
When we had this bonfire one night, little Grant who is right beside Olivia was being too cute! He just followed Olivia around for a good hour straight. Laughing when she laughed even if he didn't know it was funny. She was laughing at something I said for this picture and sure enough Grant just starts cracking up with her!
The bonfire was awesome because it also kept away the insects while we were eating. The insects here aren't as friendly as I am accustomed to! Right Like 5 feet behind all our cars was the most massive fire ant hill so we gave the kids a good talking to right when we got there. Luckily Olivia's fire ant fiasco is burned into her memory so she didn't even walk anywhere in that direction!
I feel like I am getting more and more used to the heat but if I go outside for any time during the day I need to have a shower later on when we get home because I am usually drenched in sweat. Today was one of the hottest we have had in a long time, it was BRUTAL.
No comments:
Post a Comment