Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Potty Talk


Potty training is going WAY better than I expected (keep expectations low and you will often find yourself pleasantly surprised). In an effort to get Olivia to understand that she is in control of her body we now find ourselves having some interesting potty talk around here.
.
One time while racing to the bathroom in a really close call I told her to tell her tinkles to wait until she was at a potty because she is the one in charge. Frequently, in a very commanding tone, I now often hear the following:
.
"WAIT tinkles! You wait for the potty tinkles! YOU listen to ME tinkles!"
"No poopies... You wait for the potty poopies!"
"Almost made it tinkles! Almost there tinkles!"
.
It is working, she never has an accident when she is talking to her bowels in this manner. It has also made for a pretty hilarious morning waiting for how she will next direct her bowel movements to wait for the potty.
.
Having toddlers can be exhausting (have I mentioned I am already wiped out from this potty training shenanigans and it is ONLY day 2?)... but it can also be pretty awesome and/0r hilarious!

5 comments:

Sarah said...

Great idea. That's hilarious! That's awesome it is going so well. I have been pleasantly surprised with Sophie's training progress, too. I don't know about you, but I think the first kid is the hardest for the parent because it seems like such a daunting task and we've never done it before. It should only get easier, right? :)

Musicmom-Amy said...

That's so awesome!!!! I'm a firm believer of "they are ready when THEY are ready". And it sounds like Miss O is READY!!!

I love her picture too. What a cute nose scruncher.

Peter and Lesha said...

that is so great I am so happy and so jealous of you at the same time:) we could go on a shopping spree with the money saved on diapers. good for her and you. I can just see her doing that when she is in high school too :)

Suzanne said...

that is SO funny, i LOVE it! whatever works right!? sometimes kids are so much more capeable than we give them credit for.... i was terrified to potty train blake, and it took him one day! i'm so glad it's been so easy for you too!

Southern Belle said...

Love this post! That is so funny!