.
I inquired to people, asking for good recipes. I quite frequently got the response of "Ya I know a good pancake mix... it's the kind you buy from {costco, grocery store, etc}. All I have to say to those people is....
Booya suckers! I have a kick butt pancake recipe! And it is from scratch! And it is so easy! It is the recipe my Mom used when making pancakes for us when we were but wee little ones.
Bianca is a tad cranky this morning... it has been REAL fun...
I guess we aren't really morning people around here...
My camera sucks, big time. My pictures always turn out blurry (hazards of small, wiggly children). I even have been implementing the photography helps I have learned from here. She is fabulous, and an amazing photographer. I know I probably couldn't get to her level, you can only learn so much which is where natural talent comes into play... but still frustrating for trying to document your children's childhood. Hence my desire for a new camera!
.
Anyhoo, here is my yummy, fluffy pancake recipe. Using a 1/4 c. measure to spoon out the pancakes, it makes about 8 or so. I just keep the leftovers in a Ziploc bag on the counter and toast for the next morning.
Childhood Pancakes from my Momma
1 egg
1 c. flour
3/4 c. milk
2 tbsp oil
1 tbsp sugar
3 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
Sift the dry ingredients into the wet ones, mix until just combined and scoop with 1/4 c. into your pan. Makes 8.
*If using whole wheat flour then just add a little less flour.
*use any kind of sugar (brown, white, etc).
7 comments:
You are the chef I wish I was!
i am SO excited! i have been looking for a pancake recipe too... since there's no such thing as bisquick over here (at least i haven't found it), so i've been searching. i can't wait to try it!
they look so yummy I too love pancakes but I am sure once I subbed flax for the egg and soy mild for the milk they wouldn't taste the same, nothing ever does:) it's ok though cause we wake up hungry NOW! I don't think I would have the time to make it without screaming kids. but toasting them is a great idea. maybe a saturday I will try the substitutions .
my recipe looks similar except for the sweet potato puree that's thrown in with a little bit of cinnamon!
Now that's booyah delish!!
Hmmmmm... me thinks I might be pulling an "Anna" tomorrow and get fancy with my pancakes!!
Thanks Vashti! Spencer has been on a pancake kick lately. We will have to try your recipe.
Love, love Bianca's morning hairdo! We love getting creative with pancakes around here too! I seldom buy milk so I use yogurt instead of milk in my pancakes and they turn out so so fluffy and good!
Post a Comment