Friday, October 29, 2010

Disguise

I have been trying to explain more complicated ideas/feelings to Olivia lately. One of them has been bugging people, what that means and how other people feel when she does it. I would try to point out when she was in the act of going over the top or being too rough... just bugging.
.
I guess a lot more of my phrases are making sense to her. We are all in Konk's room and I just get done clipping Konk's nails (like fighting a wild banshee) and Konks wanders off to play while I clip Olivia's nails. As soon as Bianca sees that I am actively engaged in something with Olivia she comes right back and proceeds to sit right in my lap, crawl on my legs and grab at my hair.
.
I felt like I was being calm and restrained about the monkey crawling all over me. Olivia is watching it all happen and in a very conversation tone says...
"Mom. Bianca is driving you crazy."
.
Not a question, just a statement. Maybe I am not as good at hiding my emotions as I previously thought.
.
So I decided to be real with her. My response...
"Yes. Bianca IS driving me crazy."
.
The girls were up early and I am not doing a very good job of going to bed at a decent hour. Game plan?? Konks is down for a nap and I plan on taking a scorching hot shower and just taking a deep breath. Then after that some one on one time with Olivia might be just what the Doctor ordered.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I tried to explain "passive aggressive" to Syd last night... I did not do well :)

Anonymous said...

That's a really cute story.

Peter and Lesha said...

funny, Carson points out my mood all the time the other day he said "mom Kate is doing something really important so don't say no to her" I love when they start to say funny things