Monday, August 3, 2009

Last Month

So I just realized that it is in fact AUGUST now. August being the month that my baby is due. All of a sudden I am feeling the urgency to get my house spick and span and all the new baby stuff cleaned and/or washed. It's not like I am dying for her to come out yet (I haven't quite reached that level of uncomfortability) but I hate the feeling like I am NOT 100% prepared. Plus I can still remember quite vividly what it was like trying to get Olivia out, and what it was like after, so I am really okay if she even is over due (I know, I know, I will be cursing myself at the end of month that I said that statement when it becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy!).

I have a feeling that I will be a cleaning monster this week and then I can just sit back downing my pints of glorious Haagen Daaz ice cream while I wait the arrival of Olivia's baby sister. Actually a chocolate milkshake sounds really good for lunch right now ;) Ice cream DOES have calcium in it right? It can't be THAT unhealthy for you...

5 comments:

Jeff, Traci and Kaden said...

Chocolate milkshake? Yumm! I would get a peanut butter chocolate shake.

We cannot wait to see your new little one. Do you guys have a name picked out? I would understand not telling anyone until she's born, that's what we want to do next time I think.

Sarah said...

My nesting instinct has kicked in, too. I really like to be in control, so I think having my house ready helps me feel like I have SOME control over the situation (when I really don't).

I'm with you on filling my calcium requirement through ice cream. It totally counts!

Peter and Lesha said...

I don't know if I am quite where you are yet (with cleaning) but I have felt the urge lately to dejunk. hard cause I hate selling things on craigslist (takes to long) but we don't have the space for a garage sale and I don't feel like I get the most out for my money when I consign. So I am kind of at a collecting lots of junk stage and it's making me kind of crazy I just keep moving stuff from one room to another. thinking, I might use this for baby two, I can't get rid of it. And yes, I probably eat one reeses peanut butter cup everyday:)

Alicia said...

That is so neat. I can't believe how fast the time goes. We are so excited for you!

Andrea said...

You're almost there! It's easier getting #2 out. No worries.