Friday, August 14, 2009

Happy Anniversary!

Yeah! Marcus and I have been married for five years today, together for six! We were just talking the other night that if someone would have told us when we got married that in five years we will have had...

~been sealed in the temple
~lived in a camper for one year in my parents back yard
~purchased land and built our own house
~had a baby
~Marcus switching jobs/careers three times
~had 99.9% of our second kid (she technically isn't here yet, but SOON!)
I would have told you that you were crazy!

What did we do on this magical anniversary day? We...

~Went to the Rusty Wagon for breakfast
(Honestly best place for breakfast EVER, had me some yummy farmers omelet and Marcus got the stuffed french toast. Olivia had eggs, toast and sausage links--her FAVE--)
~Got home and Marcus detailed the car
~Took naps! Nice and long ones
~Braved Walmart
~Had a romantic dinner at Chez les Mcdonald's (an angus burger can count as fine dining...right??)
~Finished with nice big stock up time at costco!

In all honestly it was just the best day ever! I love getting the pantry stocked and tonight we are going to have a romantic evening of organizing baby clothes and such! It was such a perfect laid back day!

SIDE NOTE: You know you are a parent of younger children when...
Costco switches up their Kirkland brand wipes with fancy all natural ones that cost 3.50 more a box and you about have a heart attack looking for the regular ones! They are almost at 20 a box now! I actually meant to ask at the check out if this is the new norm, but totally spaced it. Please come back to me regular old Kirkland wipes :(

2 comments:

Lydia said...

Happy anniversary! Sounds like a fun day.

And you've got to be kidding about the wipes?! Those are my favorite too....so they don't have the regular ones anymore?!

Peter and Lesha said...

I think the wipes are the same aren't they? just different packaging? I was shocked to though but they seem to be the same now that i am using them?? who knows. Happy A day it's funny when a good date night is a night out to costco, I love going to costco