Friday, July 10, 2009

Olivia's Favorites...

Big adult sized hat that covers up her face half the time...

Rain boots that are three sizes too big and unbelievably awkward to walk around in!


These two things usually make their appearances about an hour after she wakes up. She pulls the boots on herself and then proceeds to truck around the house in them. Because they are so big, they are very easy for her to put on. When she has decided that her house has become too boring she will put the boots on and then open the front door in an attempt to make it over to "ga-ga's" house (ga-ga being a combo of grandma and grandpa and is what she calls both of them). As a result the front door must remain deadlocked.
In her defense she does inform me about her intentions to leave by repeatedly pointing in the direction of their house saying "ga-ga" over and over. It isn't until I give her the definite "no we are not going over there right now" that she takes matters into her own hands and calming and quietly starts planning her escape. The first few times I felt a draft from the door being open and found her in the driveway on her way until I discovered that pad locking the door foiled her. She has not quite figured out how to open up the others doors in the house but I am assuming that isn't too far off.
The hat is her favorite accessory and is usually followed by headbands as necklaces or her purse for fancy occasions!

4 comments:

JoeKatie said...

We put baby door lock covers on all or our doorknobs. My boys can get out so quick. We can't put one on the sliding glass door out of the kitchen, so they are usually down in the backyard every chance they get. We have door lock covers on the front door, garage door, laundry room, and spare room,( the room that Jared got into and ripped out the stryofoam insulation behind the water shut off and threw it all around the room.) I also have one on the pantry door, which when I saw my cousin do that, I thought she was weird, with boys, it is completely necessary.
Good Luck!

Suzanne said...

LOVE THE HAT!

Peter and Lesha said...

oh girls are soooo different from boys, can't wait:) that is cute and kind of funny she must be fast like Carson good thing he hasn't figured out the doors yet.

Alicia said...

Those pictures are so so cute!!