
...HOW MUCH I LOVE THIS MAN!!!!!!
So the swelling has set in, making me start to feel VERY uncomfortable and it is getting harder and harder for me to stay on top of everyday cleaning. I've always swung between either having my house spotless or looking like a cyclone went through it (like weekly). But for the last few months my house was looking really good, everything organized and cleaned on a regular basis, all toys quickly picked up before bed so I started the next day on the right foot. I would do certain deep cleaning on certain days and it felt SO GOOD to be in a house that was orderly. I never realized how much it stressed me out before when everything went neglected. I hadn't done much cleaning since Thursday ( combo of me swelling, too dang hot to move and busy with family) and I was feeling like my little "haven" was spiraling out of control! So I bet you are wondering how this relates to me husband??
Since last week he has been tiding up for me and easing my load and painting what will be Olivia's new room for me. I even asked last week this question "So I have a deal for you, if you tidy up the house for me I will, in return, soak in the bathtub for an hour." I was totally joking thinking there is no way in a million years he would think that was any sort of deal....BUT he turns to me and says that is a great idea! When I got out of the tub he had scrubbed my kitchen top to bottom! TODAY, after working 11 hours he took Olivia for a drive so I could take a nap, organized the closets around, tidied up the house and is now finishing the painting in Olivia's new room. When I came out to help he shooed me away and insisted I elevate my feet to stop the swelling. He has been so helpful without evening begrudging a second.
When I started to tear up over how nice he is and thanked him he just turned to me and said "thank you for growing our little girl" with total and complete sincerity. I don't want this to sound like a brag fest, but I am just so thankful that I have such a caring husband who puts my needs above his own! My pregnancy isn't any harder than anyone else's but it makes such a difference for my emotional and mental well being to know my husband has my back 110%. Now as per Marcus' orders I am going to eat a fudge-sickle and watch Food Network.
4 comments:
Man, I thought I fell into "seriously so blessed" for a second :) Kidding! You're livin' the dream girl... I don't know how girls without helpful hubs do it!
awww :)
What a lucky girl you are!
That is so nice Marcus. Peter has been taking Carson for a walk every night and he always asks "do you want to come" and I think I probably should, then I think, oh an hour to myself and I say no thank you. I end up going about twice a week and relaxing the other three to four days but you are right it makes the biggest difference in the world to just have that little break. You are further than me and I can't imagine how you feel with this heat! hey I know our place isn't a baby heaven like Jayme's but if you ever want to bring Olivia over one night to play her and Carson would do great and I am sure it would be a break for both of us!
Post a Comment