I had planned Olivia's 4th Birthday Party for a few weeks and had everything lined up to have it when Marcus got back from all his travels. Olivia is REALLY into Fancy Nancy right now. Every week we get a new Fancy Nancy book from the library and we read it to her every night. There was one of those books that was all about a tea party and Olivia requested a Fancy Tea Party for her Birthday Party!
It took me two days of prep to get everything ready. The bad timing part was that I was super sick and felt awful but I didn't want her to miss out on her party and she was so excited for it. So I sanitized like crazy while preparing the food (sanitized myself, not the food!). We had 10 kids over, mostly girls with a couple of boys that she plays with.
Everyone came in their fancy clothes and the boys had on button up shirts and ties. They all looked so CUTE!
I baked and prepared a ton of food. Some of which was these tea sandwiches. The swirls I got from the Fancy Nancy Tea Party Extravaganza book. You roll white bread with a rolling pin, smear with a red jam and roll up into a log. Then cut it into discs. They looked so pretty and dainty!
We had classical music playing. Marcus and I served everyone. We explained to them all how to eat fancy, with your pinky raised. Everyone was a Monsieur or Mademoiselle. Marcus and I were dressed up to!
For the rest of the food I had a fruit tray, pigs in a blanket, crudités platter and chocolate croissants. Bianca does not like bread so it was cracking us up that she had a pile of croissants beside her. She ripped them open, sucked out the chocolate and left the bread beside her plate.
Group shot before we opened presents. All these kids are such good friends of Olivia. We are so lucky to have so many families where we live! Olivia is never short of friends to play with and we feel so blessed.
Clockwise starting with the cutie in yellow... Payton, Olivia, Ellie, Taya, Bianca, Adellyn, Gabby, Kate, Otto, Va, Bella and Lucy!
Bianca was sitting on the couch where we put the presents and was "inspecting" everything that Olivia opened. She is so funny and tricksy!
The happy birthday girl with all her loot!
I made cupcakes and frosted them and used pink sprinkles Olivia picked out. My baby girl is 4 YEARS OLD!
She was so cute while we were singing to her. She just kept giggling uncontrollably!
After cupcakes all the kids just played until it was time to be picked up. We had so much fun with all the princesses and princes that came to help celebrate Olivia's big day!
Also on a funny note.... Olivia got a lot of fun things for her Craft Time while Bianca naps. Olivia can't say her F's in a word, she says them like P's. So last night we took the girls out for Pho and the whole time we were in the restaurant Olivia kept asking her Daddy
"Daddy, can we please PLEASE play with my CRAPT's when we get home??"
"I really wanna play with my CRAPTS!"
I was dying! First she was just calling it CRAPS but then when I tried to correct her
"Olivia you say it like CrafT's"
Then she just was really emphasizing the T along with the P.
I still bust up laughing when I think about it!





4 comments:
that's too funny :) she is so pretty what a cute party, can't wait to see you guys
Those sandwiches are beautiful. I can't believe Bianca doesn't like bread!
Fun, fun party.
And you look to good in the next picture to be sick!
So cute! You are such a nice mom to those girls. They are very lucky! Happy Birthday, Olivia!
So funny about the crapts! What a fancy party :)
Post a Comment