Our Christmas was fabulous, yucky, grodie, hilarious and so so fun! We drove like crazy the first day and got to WA after 20 hours of being on the road.
These girls were SO good about being in the car for that long. Sure there were meltdowns, but after how long we had been in the car I wanted to have a meltdown right along with them! My little trooper girls!
We got to spend lots of time with family which was really wonderful as Marcus hadn't seen his family in a year! We cherished every minute we got to spend with either side of our family.
We were also sick almost CONTINUOUSLY while we were gone. Before we left we all had really bad cold's and fevers and then when we got there we got hit with the REAL SHEBANG flu which I thought I had experienced before but decided this trip I have NEVER really felt it's fury. The aches were insane. I wanted someone to just rip all my muscles out so I didn't have to feel the pain anymore.
We all got hit with it by varying degrees....including but not limited to... barfing, sneezing, coughing, crying, fevering, pooping, crying because you are laughing so hard from racing to the bathroom every 5 seconds, pooping, barfing.... you get the idea.
Bianca pulled an amazing feat of athleticism by popping Olivia in the face with an apple on our drive up. Hit her square in the nose which caused an instant nose bleed. We all were busting up over it, except maybe Olivia... she wasn't too impressed. Of course we explained to Bianca how she isn't to throw apples at sisters face but internally we were mad impressed with her throwing abilities.
Santa and made a special visit to Auntie Helen's. SOMEBODY did not enjoy him being there AT ALL.
Some people got sick of being in the car....
....some people didn't!
Just joking. We split up our drive back over two days and we had a much more relaxed drive back. Marcus drove the entire way home despite my efforts to have him let me drive.
It feels SO GOOD to be home and within two hours of being back in my casa, I had all our suitcases unpacked and put away.





2 comments:
Love it! It was so good to see you, even just a few seconds :)
wow! That sounds like a yucky fun trip!
I agree with Courtney, it was nice to see you for just few seconds! You look great!
Post a Comment