Thursday, January 5, 2012

Baby No More

Little girl still has her binky for night time and nap time.  I knew it was time for her to give it up but didn't want to do it right before we left for our Christmas Vacay.

Last night was the first night of her no binky life.  It was heartbreaking for me.  She was SO SAD and so distraught about it.  We explained to her that she is a big girl now like big sis and her binky's are bye bye and gone for good.  At first she seemed okay with it but when we put her to bed she totally lost it.

I went in after a few minutes of her crying and told her I was so proud of her, that I know she can do it and how much of a big girl she is now.  She still wasn't settling down and the tears were streaming down her face.

I normally close her door all the way when she is sleeping so I went and cracked it a third of the way open.  I asked her if she wanted to have the door open a little like sister does it.  She immediately nodded her head yes.  I told her if she stopped crying and was a good girl I would leave her door open.  That was the trick and she laid totally quiet until she fell asleep.

We were at a play date this morning and I made a big deal to her little friends how Bianca doesn't have a binky anymore and she pointed to her mouth and said "no no!".  She went down for her nap like a dream.  She asked me for it but I told her she was a big girl now and she just nodded her head like she understood.

She is getting SO big and I can't believe what a little lady she is now.  I am so proud of her!

5 comments:

Lydia said...

Way to go Bianca! :)

Unknown said...

I love this story :)

anna b. said...

way to go! This age is so hard for me cause the baby stage is disappearing before my very eyes. Bryndee climbs out of her crib now and `knocks on her door to come out!!! She's so proud and happy when I come in it's hard to be tough with her...I guess it's time to move her out of crib. BOOOOO on growing kids!

Peter and Lesha said...

wow good girl I need to buckle down and give Kate the talk too can't decide if I want to potty train first or after? we will see

kaitlyn said...

i want to squeeze her! i miss my little konks!