.
It became our new normal. We got used to all of our car shenanigans. Then we had Bianca. I again wondered how we would fit two car seats in the back and all drive someplace together. Necessity found a way again.
Here is a picture of the 'ole beaut. I was too lazy to snap pictures so I stole these off line. The celica had seen better days. I have been dreaming of a minivan ever since Olivia was born (seriously I love minivans, my life will be complete when I can own one). Money is still tight and we are waiting on our house to sell before we make any decisions on getting a new car. The celica has seen better days, for sure. Temperamental, having to figure out all the "sweet spots" for shifting, not wanting to put a lot of money into it if we won't be having it for too much longer. Waiting game time. Will she make it? When will she finally give up and die?.
Then something AMAZING happened. Fabulous friends of ours are going on a little adventure abroad for the next 6 months. They graciously let me borrow their car in their absence. Sticky car situation SOLVED.
.
Hello my pretty 2003 Hyundai accent! Do you realize how much newer this is than my other car.... 14 YEARS!
Another picture I stole online. It has been a freakin' dream come true! 4 doors people, loading kids has been so much easier. And now I have actual cup holder for my drinks, a radio that works, windshield wiper spray that works. It costs less to fill up, has better gas mileage, so peppy and fun to drive. It doesn't stall in the middle of intersections. It feels like I am driving a Lexus! I guess I never realized how much the other car stressed me out all the time until I got one that didn't. .
We have received so many blessings since Marcus and I have been separated. Every time I walk by my front windows and see it in the driveway I smile. Olivia will randomly exclaim "I love driving in this car!".
.
Jonathan and Suzanne you guys are lifesavers! My load has been lightened because of your generosity! Thank you SO MUCH!
4 comments:
What a blessing to have such wonderful friends!
I love my Hyundai Accent! It is the best car I have ever driven.
that is so great and way better than a mini van! they are so giving and you deserve it holy cow girl some of the things you put up with I would have complained so much with that car of yours and hauling kids around but you were such a good sport
What a blessing! Now you have room for baby #3. :) j/k
Post a Comment