Thursday, September 2, 2010

I'm BAAAAAAAACK!

I'm all cozy in my home back in the US of A. The family reunion rocked my world and then some! More on that later.... I'm mostly unpacked. Clothes back in drawers, various random items back in their places. Kids bathed and tucked snug in their beds.
Feeling so good to be back in my own space that has all of my own stuff. Relishing checking my email and trolling on facebook. Still on a high from being able to hear my hunny buns voice (phone privileges WIN!).
Then it occurred to me that in all the hustle and bustle of getting back home I neglected to feed myself dinner (so that is why my stomach hurts...). Downside of coming home again? (Well coming home again if you are a crazed single parent who has cleaning and organization down to a fine science). I didn't buy groceries close to us leaving, came up with some crazy dinner ideas to use up the last of our fresh food. Which worked out great in the sense of making my dollar go its farthest and not waste food. Except I forgot when coming home again that my fridge looks like this:


So it is almost 9 at night. I haven't eaten dinner. Hows about some yogurt, topped with wheat germ, sprinkled with feta? I don't know what I am going to feed the girls for breakfast as most of our breakfast options include milk. If I had been thinking clearly at all I would have picked up a gallon on the way home. It's not like I can whip out and buy some now. Well good thing I know my neighbors, I see a fridge raid in their future! (My neighbors are my parents... it's not like I would just bust into any one's house for a gallon of milk! Well, maybe....)

Top Ramen here I come!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your fridge is so clean! I'm jealous! If you took the food out of mine, I'm afraid I'd be embarrassed :)