Friday, September 10, 2010

High Jinx

My youngest loves the bathroom. It is a magical treasure trove of exciting things that she can get into and make messes with. Unfortunately all of the things to make messes with are rather unsanitary.
The porcelain throne being her favorite. *gag* . Today she settled with just the practice potty that was all clean... because it isn't being used for potty training, YET. As soon as the diapers I have run out we are going for it, full throttle, no turning back, do or die.

Olivia was being "domestic" today by wearing her apron. When she came in and saw the mess she took it upon herself to help clean up. She used my canning tongs to pick up all the TP.
Yum, delicious!
Bianca was hesitant about Olivia taking away her TP.

And then she discovered that she could eat the TP. Fiber anyone?
.
I have had a pretty killer cold. Feverish, coughing, feeling nasty. I am feeling a little better today, my throat doesn't feel like sandpaper as much. The girls woke up from their naps both coughing and being cranky. I am just glad that we all didn't have it at the same time. I can handle me being sick, or the kids being sick, just not all at the same time. It also helps when sweet friends help out, bring you yummies. Or when Grandma's run the bath time and bedtime routines at the end of a particularly nasty day. I went to bed at 8:30 last night, with the help of NyQuil PM and slept like a rock. I think that is a big reason why I am feeling better today.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you keep feeling better. Konks rocks. I love her. I think that is a funny picture with Olivia and the tongs. I like the idea of the slinkies on the birthday table, that was way cute. Love ya, Vashti. If you are ever lonely, come down to visit us and we'll entertain ya. You look gorgeous by the way...not sick at all!

Peter and Lesha said...

Kate loves the bathroom too and I hate it cause peter has so much diabetes meds in there I have to keep a close watch but since your is soooo clean and open it is a perfect play place:) sorry you are sick. and olivias outfit is too funny. I tryed making a comment earlier so if there is double dont mind me:)

Sarah said...

Wow, what a spacious bathroom. I love it. There must be something about the off-limitness of bathrooms that makes them so attractive. Olivia with the tongs is hilarious!

Unknown said...

So funny :)

I just bought that potty... it better inspire Russ! :)