Monday, February 15, 2010

V Day


We spent our entire Valentine's Day camped out in our living room glued to the television. We would have normally gone to church in the AM but Olivia had been having a pretty robust fever since Thursday and then Bianca started to get sick on Saturday night. We knew once the weekend hit that one of us was going to be staying home with the older one (I was so excited to go to church solo, actually get to hear all the messages, not have to change any diapers) but when Bianca got hit too it became a two man job.
Well to be honest just Olivia being sick has been a two man job. She has not been sleeping (ergo we have not been sleeping) and on top of being sick she is cutting two of her 2 year molars. Yesterday was an especially inspiring performance as she threw tantrums from before the sun came up until after the sun went down. The only quiet moments were when we let her take a tubby. She may have had two tubby's yesterday for like an hour each time. We may or may not have added more hot water to prolong her aquatic activities. We also may have gone through half a bottle of Johnson & Johnson bedtime bath bubbles.
But with all the kids craziness we have also been going crazy over the OLYMPICS!! I was gripping the edge of my seat during the men's speed skating (go Ohno and Celski!) and last night I was carried away with my favorite (well probably every one's favorite) FIGURE SKATING, those pairs were so magical. I just can't get enough. Olivia asked to watch a movie and Marcus said "I'll put your Elmo movie on in Mommy and Daddy's room. Mommy is watching the snow show." Then Olivia was like "No more snow! No more snow! NOOOOOOooooooo" (cue tantrum number 637). We both started laughing over that one. I am so excited to see the pairs skate again tonight!
Luckily Olivia seems to be over the worst of it today and woke up in considerably better spirits (THANK GOODNESS!).


3 comments:

kaitlyn said...

hahahaha. olivia's snow tantrum was hilarious! i haven't watched any olympics yet. just not feelin' it!

i hope the two girls get better!

Peter and Lesha said...

it's ok you can admit you stayed home to watch the games:) hahahaha yeah we got hit with fever this weekend too:( hope all feels better but I do think the Olympics is a great reason to miss church:) ok that is bad but I love love love watching.

Unknown said...

I love the Olympics :) But I can't wait for spring so everyone will stop getting sick, dang it! :)