Friday, February 19, 2010

I had a fight with the toilet...

...and the toilet won.
I was scrubbing it out with the toilet brush and felt really inspired to get that brush "way down there" and REALLY get it clean. Well the brush got stuck. Like ridiculously stuck. Like there was no way that the toilet was every going to let that brush go. At first I was all like "there is no way this is happening to me. It can't be for REAL stuck. Maybe I'm not pulling on it right."
.
That stage quickly changed into panic. We only have one toilet in our house. With this predicament there was now no useable toilet in our house. Because my brain runs wonky and I am a freak I all of a sudden had the overwhelming urge that I had to.... USE the toilet. Like I mean REALLY USE THAT TOILET. Now I am sweating because I am afraid that I will have a "run outside and use mother nature" situation.
.
I became determined. I hunkered down and pulled on that brush with every strength of fiber I had in my being. I don't consider myself high class by any means of the imagination, but I was NOT going to lower myself to pop-a-squat in my own yard. With one last tug the brush was released resulting in myself flying across the room, landing hard on my butt (did I mention our floors are CONCRETE?) with a shower of toilet water mixed with comet and clorox.
.
I was now sweating and covered in the toilet water/comet/clorox combination with our date night only an hour away. I did get myself ready to go on time and there is nothing like a fabulous date night with your husband to calm yourself down after a war with your toilet. I will be more cautious the next time that I scrub my toilet out now!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you are okay. How far "down there" were you trying to clean? I need to clean my toilets. Which is why I'm blogging instead. I can't believe how much dirtier the toilets get after moving in with the hubby. My toilet used to go forever between cleanings and look great! But now if I don't clean the toilet every single week, it's yuck. Maybe that's just standard and I'm lazy.

Sarah said...

I love the imagery! That date must have felt like such a reward after all that. :)

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

Oh man Vashti!! your posts ALWAYS make me laugh!! Glad you worked it out and got a nice date night! :)

JoeKatie said...

Better the toilet scrub brush than the toilet plunger! Can you imagine getting the plunger stuck?

Musicmom-Amy said...

If I do remember correctly, you do stir a mean "honey bucket" ;D

Unknown said...

But what desert did you choose? :)

Vashti said...

I wanted the burnt cream but they sold out so I got the chocolate cake instead.

Jayme said...

I love burnt cream!