So I have a kerbillion things I should be doing this morning. A stinky dog that needs a bath (and a new home--anyone interested!), a bathroom that needs to be scrubbed, laundry to fold, floor to mop, stove to clean and baby that is sick and decidedly NOT napping. I'm also stressed out about finances (what's new) and dreams for my life that I feel like I'm never going to get to..
So how have I been making use of my time all morning?? Holed up in my room looking at page after page of this most fabulous website. It's knockoffwood.blogspot.com, somebody mention them or something like that on their blog (my brain is fried) and one look and I was hooked. She has plans FOR FREE of fabulous pottery barn/restoration style fabulous furniture. She also has shopping lists and general cost it would take to build each item. EVERYTHING is exactly the type of furniture I would love in my home and instead of spending thousands on gorgeous bedframe, I can spend a little over 100 and a Saturday of mine (mostly Marcus', let's be honest here) time. I have visions of the storage coffee table/bench, rustic farmhouse table, toddler bed (if only I had room then the toddler playhouse loft bed with kitchenette set), end tables and rustic bench swirling through my head. Plus she posts about emails she gets from people who have done a project with different ways that they finished them and pictures.
.
Now that I have declared my love for this site to the world maybe I can actually start taking care of my kids now!
3 comments:
Glad you love the site too! And a big THANK YOU! for the straw tip. It's making my water drinkin' a LOT easier to get through :)
OR you can go to "save on furniture" in Bellingham... I got a perfect armoir there for $150... and with the finishing and products used, there's no way we'd be able to recreate it :)
where is that magical place located???
Post a Comment