So here I am explaining how to open the presents. After each present she would exclaim
"Oh wow, oh whoa!!" So stinking cute!
Oh yes you are seeing correctly. Cupcakes. In. Cones.
Cupcake Ice Cream Cones!!
Wish I could take the credit for this fabulous idea.
The chocolate cake in the background was the dessert for the adults!
I may or may not have just bought Betty Crocker rainbow cupcakes and (gasp) store bought cream cheese icing. I may or may not have seen recipe for ice cream cakes on the back of the box. I may or may not have dug in the back of my cabinet for some (gasp...STALE) ice cream cones. I wish I could say it was the thought that counts, but apparently I didn't give it much thought.
MY DEFENSE: Her bday is ridiculously close to Christmas, and we did do Homemade pizza's for dinner (like real homemade dough--thanks Traci for the recipe!)
I may or may not have pawned off the making of the dough to my mom. But they were at least baked in my oven!
We just had a low key get together to celebrate her birthday and it was really fun and relaxing. The toy bin is a little bit bigger and my little girl doesn't seem quite so little anymore!
3 comments:
I can't bring myself to put much thought into birthday cakes... I think I lack the gene :)
i love the cupcake cones!! and people actually make cake and frosting from scratch??? because i don't! :o)
can you believe they are two, so crazy. cute cupcakes
Post a Comment