Friday, December 12, 2008

This mom has her sanity back!




So life has gotten back to normal! Olivia was sick for quite a while (2 weeks really sick and one final week of kinda sick). It seems that her being sick helped "reboot" her system so to speak. Once the runny nose was done she settled right into 11 (almost exactly to the minute) of sleep at night with 2 (yes- TWO) naps of about 1 hour to 1.5 hours morning and afternoon. I have been singing from the rooftops, glee full with my new found freedom. It has been AMAZING!
She also all of a sudden stopped being a baby and has become....... A little kid! She is laughing ALL the time and wanting to play games with me. She will laugh to get my attention then hurry and crawl away, turn to see if I am chasing her, then squeal with delight when I do. She has also started mimicking. Waving goodbye, blowing kisses, shaking her head no. The shaking no has been the funniest! Anytime we call her "Olivia" and not a nickname it is usually b/c she is getting into something she shouldn't, so as soon as she hears that she turns to you while shaking her head b/c that is what we are normally doing to HER! She also does it at random times IE "baby-girl, you have some pretty cool parents, right?".....shaking her head no. "Is it nap time??" shaking her head no. I know it's not b/c she UNDERSTANDS what we are saying, but her timing is comedic perfection!
All of these things have happened within the space of a week or so. It has been fun, exciting and less stressful in our neck of the woods. I was getting a little worried that she would never snap out of it, and then BOOM-she did!

9 comments:

Jayme said...

I am so glad that she is doing better, I bet it had something to do with her Birthday cake :)

Unknown said...

She and Russ sound like they are on almost the same schedual... and he did that same sicky thing too... not fun! But last night, it was 8:15PM-7:32AM. Too funny! But he woke up grinding his teeth! Which means of course, that he actually got more in!

kaitlyn said...

this picture is really cute! she is such a hilarious little girl...

i am glad she is back to normal. this goes back to my theory about absolute insanity until you are at your breaking point and then you get awhile of perfect baby.

hope you guys had fun today!

Sarah said...

So glad to hear Olivia is feeling better! She is so adorable! I totally agree that nap time freedom is a must to keep my sanity!

Suzanne said...

I'm glad she's feeling better, Blake has been going through the same thing, and being a little stinker! Good to know there's light at the end of the tunnel!

Musicmom-Amy said...

LOVE that fuzzy hair :D So glad to hear you enjoying the joys of Mommyhood again.

wanderingbonnie said...

I just love your blog and am glad to hear that little Olivia has given you back your sanity...

Peter and Lesha said...

yeah it's nice when they get over the crud. I am so jealous of her sleep Peter and I just had a talk tonight about laying down the law with mr my way or the highway Carson. He has been sleeping with me lately because it's easier than me getting up 6 times a night but it has to stop cause he is such a bed hog and there's no reason he can't sleep by himself. Carson has been waving bye bye too and he shakes his head no all the time to it's funny cause he will be shaking his head no while he is doing something wrong. the little but

Kneeland Family said...

Cute blog Vashti! Makes mine look bad. ;) Sorry we missed ya on Sunday, but atleast we got to see little cutie pie Olivia and visit with Marcus!