Wednesday, July 23, 2008

This Made Me Giggle




"I forewarn you, this will be a rather long talk. I am an old man. I do not know how much longer I will live, and so I want to say what I have to say, while I have the strength to say it. ...Having been warned, some of you will wish to get comfortable. Pleasant dreams."

"Find the Lambs, Feed the Sheep," Ensign, May 1999, 104.

President Hinckley always inspired me. Every time I got to listen to him at Conference I could feel the spirit and always felt a renewed desire to be a better person and live up to my full potential. I also had the honor of attending the sessions at a general conference a couple years ago. You could tell that he had entered the room before you even saw him. Instantly you felt a calm reverence run through all the people attending, like everyone feeling the same thing that you are and all at the same time. Everyone instantly all stood up as he rounded the corner, I will never as long as I live forget the sweet spirit I felt that day. The Holy Ghost confirming to me that he was a Prophet here on the earth. I also loved how he had a sense of humor and could make everyone laugh. Like after he walked in, with the help of his cane, he lifted his cane up and waved it to everyone which was so cute and made everyone chuckle. Like you first think "Oh look at the sweet dear Prophet" and then he shows you he still has spunk left. I have so many dear memories of listening to his counsel, but just thought I'd post this because it made me giggle.

4 comments:

kaitlyn said...

Thanks for the 3 comments on my ONE blog post. Now i look like you are my only friend..... thanks for making me look like a loser. JK

Cute post! :)

Suzanne said...

This is a great post, I just loved him! he always made me laugh too... he was so whitty, and he'd totally catch you off guard sometimes with his funny comments. what a wonderful man!

Unknown said...

So true. I love humor! And Pres. Hinckley will be missed!

The Wilson Pratt Wilson Family said...

Vashti and Marcus,
Cool blog! Your family is adorable. Seeing pictures of your sweet little girl makes me excited for Reagan to start getting more interactive! Hope you guys are doing well.
Emily (and Jason) Wilson