Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Our Saturday Outing


Here we are before setting out on the Capilano Suspension Bridge You almost get motion sick because the bridge sways back and forth from the people walking across it.
Here Marcus and Olivia are in from of Big Doug, one of the biggest Douglas Firs on record in Canada. We almost walked right by it because it isn't as big as like the Redwoods in California (that is what I think of when I think of big trees) but it is very tall. I guess for a Fir it is pretty big.


On Saturday we went up to my lovely Motherland, Canada. We went to go see the Capilano Suspension Bridge. Those who also went were: My parents, Uncle Paul & Aunt Laurie & Dustin, Uncle Jack & Aunt Joy. We were running a little late so we met everyone in time for lunch and then embarked out on our own. Once you cross the bridge there is this cool little hike called the Cliffhanger Boardwalk which runs along the cliff and underneath the suspension bridge, it was all very safe and secure. There was also this thing called Tree Top Adventures which was a series of smaller suspension bridges to platforms in the trees in a big loop. That was really cool too because you were up among the trees. Everything is included in the price of admission, the food was pricey, but that was to be expected.
Olivia loved looking around at everything, they even gave her this pin that said she was a Rainforest Explorer. They have guides that go around every so often if your inclined to that sort of thing. It was nice because they had all these signs that explained different parts of the forest, it was very informative. It would be cool to go again when Olivia is like 5 because I think she would get a kick out of learning all about the forest. After we explored our brains out we went over to Joy and Jack's for a potluck BBQ. Brian and Lydia came up for the BBQ and we had so much fun. Joy has Guitar Hero and we played a few rounds and got our buts kicked by Brian, but still had a ton of fun. In our defense we don't own the game so couldn't be brushed up on our pretend guitar skills, but are ready for a rematch anytime ;). It was a fabulous laid back weekend!!

7 comments:

kaitlyn said...

I had never even heard of this before you were telling me all about it. Sounds like fun, we will have to take blaine up there sometime. Thanks for hanging out with me today. i hope you enjoyed your alone time :)

Lydia said...

Guitar Hero rematch-you're on!!! :p Bryan & I better get back to practicing...

Jenni said...

I always wanted to go here and never got a chance. Guitar Hero is evil... it sucks up way too much of my time.

Peter and Lesha said...

ok how do I get there I want to go that looks so fun! Cute pictures I am sure Olivia had a great time, Carson loves being outside you have to take me here sometime.

Musicmom-Amy said...

I'm not sure I would be brave enough to walk on that bridge. It's so beautiful up there.

Andrea said...

what a beautiful place. how far is it from the border? you guys are such a cute family.

Vashti said...

If you go on hwy 1 (which is the same to colossus) it's about 45 min. There is an exit for it and it's less than a mile off the freeway. The drive up is nice b/c you go over a couple of bridges and drive through part of Vancouver, the getting lost factor is really low!