Monday, June 23, 2008

Olivia Updates!

So there have been a lot of firsts going on in the Radder Household. Some of which I have been able to photograph, so lets take a look at what's been happening in little Olivia's life nowadays.
We are on to solids now, and boy does she love it. I make her baby food for her, which so far has been so fun!! I have done carrots and peas and this week I'm going to add beans. When she eats she is all business, she hoovers it down faster than I can spoon it up. What can I say, like mother like daughter!
We have also been swinging! Our ward's Mothers Group has been meeting at Lynden City Park and it has been so great. Olivia loves action and the swings give her tons of it. Plus she takes great naps when we get home from all of the fresh air.
We have been having our mouths open- A LOT!! When I smile at her and talk to her I do an open mouth smile. The past couple of weeks she has been mimicking it. It is like it is her only form of communication. If she is happy-open mouth. If she is surpised-open mouth. If she is reaching for a toy-open mouth. If she is getting mad/sad- REALLY open mouth. If she is hungry-open mouth. It cracks me up everytime!!!

Well this might not be so new- but we have been drooling, RIVERS OF IT! I often wonder how her little body can create so much saliva. She has been a walking saliva fountain for a couple of months now. Everyone said when she started it "here come the teeth", so I kinda mentally prepared for the teething, but it wasen't so. This past week we were really sick so there were a lot of no sleep nights (that dang cold that was going around!). Well when we started getting better, Olivia was being such a pill, no naps, taking forever to go to sleep, etc. Well on Friday I was wiping up the drool and felt something hard in her mouth-she broke two teeth and I didn't even figure it out until they were there. It's hard to tell what it's going to be like for the next ones b/c we were sick during the teething, so she was out of control but there was more than one reason why. It sure is crazy to think she getting bigger-no longer that little infant baby- but exciting at the same time.

3 comments:

Lydia said...

Olivia is so cute. I love the open mouth, hahah!

When my girls were teething, a lot of the time they had runny noses. I'm glad you two are feeling better :o)

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

LOVE the pics especially the last one... What a doll : )

Musicmom-Amy said...

She really is such a good, happy baby. I love that open mouth trying to talk. Such big eyes too that are full of expression. She's growing up too fast.