This girl is now doing some serious big girl stuff. Today she had her first ever day of PRESCHOOL! There was a gal in our ward that taught a preschool that a lot of Olivia's friends went to. It was really good priced and the other Mom's raved about it and I had even got as far as talking to the teacher about possibly getting Olivia involved.... but I just couldn't do it.
I wasn't ready to send her off for three mornings a week. I wasn't ready to let her go. I just couldn't do it... So I didn't. I was perfectly fine with it. I wanted to start doing some kind of school stuff with Olivia on my own, I just didn't know where to start and it felt really overwhelming to me. Not that I want her to learn tons and tons, I just wanted her to have nice variety in her day and get used to a schedule. Just start practicing some basics.
Before Christmas, my friend Christina asked me if I would be interested in doing a Joy School or Coop Preschool. Small group of kids, the parents rotate who teaches with other parents rotating for being helpers on school days. Two mornings a week with a packet of lessons we bought online. Only cost me 20 bucks for almost three months worth of the kits. I get to be involved and see her grow, she gets to spend more time with her friends, it is very nicely priced for our budget. Basically perfectly awesome... or awesomely perfect. Or better yet... Awesomely perfectly magical!
Big sis has been SO EXCITED. She went with Daddy and picked out her very own "mack pack." Today was a meet and greet at the park and orientation for all the "teachers" AKA Mom's.
She wanted to look all special for her first day. By special request she wore one of her new hair clips made by Auntie Michelle. She even had me lay them all out on the floor so she could pick which clip she wanted because "That's the way Auntie Shelley Does it".
She even specifically asked me to iron out her dress so it would look all special for her first day. She was so cute about getting ready, it made my heart melt.
Bianca now points to her smile in pictures because apparently unless she points to it we don't have any idea where her smile is.
To add to the list of Big Girl Stuff, Olivia will also be starting swim lessons once every other week or once every week depending on how things go. A gal in our ward teaches swim lessons, again for a really great price, and Olivia will be starting in two weeks with two other girls from her new preschool class. I am not the most comfortable person in the water and Marcus is a fish. I don't want our kids to be fearful of the water like I am so starting swimming lessons has been something that has been on my mind a lot lately.
We don't have that much longer here (3-4 months ish) and I am so excited about all the things that we have lined up here for Olivia that it makes me sad to think about leaving. I know that by the time we leave I will have to flow of the preschool stuff down and will feel better about doing things on my own for a little bit until we PCS again.
She is over the moon about the big girl things that she has lined up. I also like that it will be in stages. First school, then add in the lessons. It will be just what the doctor ordered and I am so excited to see her learn and grow!








1 comment:
She is adorable. that is QUITE the outfit. she really went for it!
i am glad you are excited about joy school. That seems like a really good fit for you guys. me? i am too lazy! ;)
Post a Comment