Bianca has had a couple of big tumbles the last few days. The other night I was loading up the car with various things that I had to take to multiple people's houses. I was in and out of the house with all the loads. Bianca kept trying to race out after me and was ignoring Mommy and Daddy's request to stay inside. The very last load she bolted after me in just her diaper and bit it hard on the sidewalk. I was already running late so I had to hand her off to Marcus.
He took pictures of what happened when he got inside so I could see. Little Sis was really upset and would not let Marcus help her. She only wanted one person to help her and she INSISTED that one person be Olivia.
Marcus told me that Olivia was SO GOOD to Bianca. Talking softly, telling her it would be okay, putting the bandaid on her owies. He said Bianca settled right down when her big sister started to help her.
Then about the most precious thing EVER happened. Olivia goes and gets her own most special blankie and drapes it over Bianca to snuggle with so she could feel better. Both my girls have very special bonds with their blankies. They both know it and don't even bother every trying to take the other's blankie. It is like unspoken law at our house. Everyone just knows it. So the fact that she offered up her own most special possession to help little sis feel better is the biggest show of love she could have given.
About near melted me into a puddle to see these pictures. My sweet girls who love each other so much and help each other so much.
I am often plagued with feelings of self doubt. The adversary trying to get a grip on my heart and make me feel down. Sometimes I wonder if I am doing right by them. If I am doing enough, teaching enough, loving enough. I know that I am trying my hardest, which is what is so tricky... I know I am trying hard, yet those feelings can persist sometimes. BUT when things like this happen, when I can see magical moments between my girls, love and caring and goodness, it vanquishes feelings of self doubt immediately. Marcus and I are teaching these girls correct principles. We DO shower them with love and we DO try hard.
Heck yes it is hard work, but it is so worth it! Seeing my sweet girls nurture and care for each other more than makes up for all the tantrums, meltdowns, poop-tastrophe's and messes. With one act of love, one sharing of a blankie, it is all worth it.
3 comments:
Amen. Love this post, I so relate to all of it!
so cute. i love seeing the bond between sisters. it is the best!
This is such a sweet story. I love the way children love. It is so pure and selfless.
Post a Comment