I wasn't as diligent at taking pictures during our trip as I would have liked... luckily Helen took a lot whenever she was around us and sent me home with a burned CD. So a lot of my pictures are from Helen!
Here is a smattering of the rest of our trip... then I can move on to life again in CA!
I called Helen and may or may not have cried about it to her on the phone, Helen was at work for the day and we were leaving shortly. Having not felt satisfied with just the phone call, I wrote her a note telling her how sorry I was ( the chair was still wet and I wan't sure if it all came out yet)... while writing this note the children were unsupervised. Olivia went potty, left the door open and Bianca high tailed it in there. Flash forward to two minutes later and the entire front of the wood vanity was COVERED in hand lotion. Bianca felt like being an artist and finger painted with the lotion. I ended up cleaning parts of it with a Q-Tip to get all the lotion out of the cracks. Then I wrote Helen an amended sorry note, but made sure the kids were strapped into the car first!
We had BBQ's and good visits.
We played with Grandparents.
We fell down and scraped our knees. This incident was epic (not for the accident, but for the size of the reaction). Olivia went nuclear over the sight of her own blood and her fit exhausted her so thoroughly that she feel asleep like this in the truck.
We had picnics in the sunshine. Helen made this fort. So awesome.
We saw the Abbotsford Air Show from the side of a raspberry patch. They came down so close that I could read the writing on the sides of the plane. I might have squealed like a child, hooting and hollering and screaming with delight. I might have simultaneously scared the jeepers out of my baby girl. I was so pumped to be so close to all the planes swooping down I didn't care who heard or how loud I was being. Bianca was convinced that the planes were going to get her and griped me for dear life. Every time they swooped away she cry out with relief "BYE-BYE!!".
Here I am so pumped about the planes and Bianca so wiped and emotional exhausted over all the drama I was creating about the planes. All the other adults thought the little ones were going to be the ones all excited about the planes, little did they know that another adult would eclipse all the kids reactions!
1 comment:
freakin' love that last pic!! so cute.
Post a Comment