Saturday, August 27, 2011

First Aiwpwane Ride.

We spent the last two and a half weeks back home for a visit. My sister Myriah got married, which I don't have any of my own pictures, I am just now realizing. The actual wedding was so busy and so much preparation that I neglected to snap any shots of it.
I did, however, remember to take pictures of our plane ride. Olivia was so excited to go back home and visit everyone that she asked me every night for a week straight if we were going to the Airport yet.
The plane ride itself was a short one, just over two hours, which was really nice because in case you haven't met my second child, trying to keep Bianca contained is like trying to control a wild jungle cat who has ADD.
So I had a couple of bags of tricks, lots of fruit snacks plus praying my brains out that we would arrive to our destination safely as well as not cause a riot on the airplane. Mission accomplished.
Olivia had her buddies on the plane with her. This little rag doll of Jessie (Toy Story) is her favorite, favorite and according to Olivia, Jessie was very excited about the plane ride too!
And here the girls are on the plane ride home. I figured just lump all the plane shots together, right? We lucked out with the plane ride home being less full so I could claim the extra seat for my lap child. We flew home later at night and while we didn't use the portable DVD player on the way to WA, we sure as heck busted out that bad boy for the return flight to CA.
.
Airplane highlights?
~Trying to fit all three of us in the bathroom to empty our bladders, respectively, before we landed in WA. There was barely enough room for us to all stand with our bodies touching, let alone with someone sitting down on the commode. For Mommy's turn I had to hold Bianca straight out over my legs so Olivia could have room to stand in there as well, beings how none of my offspring were willing to wait outside for Mommy to do her business. 30 lb child held straight out parallel to your body is an awesome workout.
~Realizing, after Bianca dumped out her apple juice, that I had left the wipes in the family bathroom by our gate BEFORE we entered the plane. Which was quickly followed by Olivia announcing to the plane that Bianca was stinky.
~Trying to change Bianca's diaper in the "changing table" they had in the bathroom and using paper towel and soap to clean up her abundant mess. I use the term "changing table" loosely as it was a fold down table directly above the potty that I am sure she surpassed the weight restrictions on.
Stay tuned... More on our WA trip to come!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Myriah got married?!?!? I cannot wait to see pics! Hopefully they turn up somewhere on the online world.