Thursday, July 15, 2010

Diaper Snob

When I first had Olivia, I only wanted the very best for her little bum. Her first diapers were Pampers swaddlers, but in all honesty if I could have afforded to adorn her bum in egyptian cotton I probably would have. I was so sold on the Pampers that I wouldn't even think about any other options (in my opinion the swaddlers are so perfect for little babies).
.
Both of my girls have inherited my behind. It is quite big, not in the rotund sense more like in the square footage sense. Long and wide and flat. The one thing I am sad about since loosing weight is that now I have a flat bottom, like I am pretty sure I lost 75% of my weight from that region alone. I give you full license to peek the next time you see me because now I am sure you are all curious about the non-existence of my behind... but believe me I morn it's loss, as does my husband. It is also really hard to find jeans that don't look like "Mom jeans". Kaitlyn had to have a few interventions with me on that point. So anyway, because they have the same bum issues (long and flat and wide) it is very easy for them to poop out because their cracks barely end at the top of the diaper. They can regularily been seen with plumber's crack.
.
So poop disaster after poop disaster I finally decided that the Pampers (I was using baby dry at this point) were not cutting it. I learned that the Huggies have the elastic waist and rested a little higher above the hips. After trying it out I was SOLD! So perfect for my little Konks and NO MORE BLOWOUTS!

The diapers out there are all so different and I wish I would have taken the time to figure out which one really worked best on my babies, then the one that I wanted to work best. Plus really they are all about the same price (Pampers vs Huggies) so why was I being such a snob? Oh well, you live and learn and then get the diaper that fits your baby's bottom.
.
PS-I am really loving the Kirkland brand for Olivia. In those the size 5 is still really big on her, so they fit her comfortably and I get more bang for my buck (unlike the Pampers... she was busting out of their size 6... seriously Pampers must run on the small side).

3 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

funny that little girl on the cover of the diapers looks kind of like bianca? maybe? at least you fixed the blowout problem that is annoying

Unknown said...

I am forever a fan of the target brand... and did you know that in blind tests, it always gets the best rating? And they are cheap!

Have you seen those jean diapers? My mom keeps threatening to buy them for Russ... I may have to post more about that! :)

kaitlyn said...

i started to pee my pants when i read long, flat, and wide. SOOOO TRUE! i have heard good things about the target brand diapers as well. you might want to try them for olivia (at least price compare). anyway, love ya my flat bottomed friend (and offspring).