Thursday, July 8, 2010

"Ah, summer...."


"Ah, summer, what power you have to make us suffer and like it." Russel Baker

I am loving how all this vitamin D is making feel as golden and happy as this smiley sun. I do not like how unmotivated the heat makes me feel in regards to any kind of house work or productiveness.
.
I have little to no appetite when it is hot like this, nothing sounds good unless it is ice cold fruit or otter pops. If we ever get stationed somewhere hot I don't think I will have any problems maintaining my weight loss... I might even loose a couple more pounds.
.
All I did yesterday (besides parent my children) was read a book (HUNGER GAMES.... oh my heck... SO GOOD), drink crystal light and graze cold watermelon chunks. Today I am going to attempt to be a little bit more productive!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay for summer! I love it, too. I've been trying to get my hands on Hunger Games because all I have heard are rave reviews. Too bad I'm not closer so I could borrow yours. :)

Anonymous said...

Let me tell you, I don't think I could live without A/C again! I don't know how you guys (as in, almost everyone in Washington) does it! I guess you don't need it very often but I guess it's just too blazing hot here to not have it.

I've also heard great things about Hunger Games. My friend here was telling me how good it was so maybe she has one I can borrow. I'm currently reading The Secret Life of Bees and I love it so I'm sure I'll be done with it pretty quickly.

Yay for summer!!!!

Peter and Lesha said...

yeah love the weather but wish it was 60 degrees for naps and night time:) thanks for coming today and we will miss marcus please call with any needs