Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Mom of the Year Award

We were having a salad making part with Olivia taking pictures of the event. She was coloring her Disney Princess book.

Bianca was sitting to her right, playing with some spatula's.
"Cheese Mommy, Cheese Mommy!!" She wanted me to smile for the camera as I was washing up my veggies for the salad.



Oh and what was sitting directly in front of her to her right? Oh, only my cutting board with my monjo chopping knife! I had been chopping up all the salad and veggies beside her on the counter and when I went to go spin them by the sink I left everything else right there beside her. I never even realized I had done this until I was going back and looking at all the kerbillion pictures she took. There were like 10 of Konks, 20 of her coloring, and then like 15 of me washing lettuce with this incriminating picture at the very end. Like she was showing me how long I was taking to wash the lettuce while she was within reach of a deadly weapon.
Oh yeah, I'm sure I'd get nominated for a mom of the year award. I let my toddler play up on the counter, right next to my infant, all the while within 6 inches of a chef's knife. I about crapped my pants and wanted to barf when I realized what I had done. Good thing she was so occupied taking pictures to document the event that she never had a free hand to grab anything else around her.


5 comments:

kaitlyn said...

i hope marcus reads this blog post i am so sick of hearing about how blaine is going to suffocate isla or isla is going to fall off the couch and die.

ps you forgot to mention your floors are concrete and your counters are pretty high.

Vashti said...

Oh trust me I got an earful when I told him when he got home!

Unknown said...

Oh gosh. Vashti and Kaitlyn... you both crack me up!

Jayme said...

I'm glad you didn't crap your pants!

Rach said...

so i thought I emailed you back about lunch stuff...but now I dont remember:) let me know if I did/didn't!