The second day of camping we went to the Cultus Lake water slides to have some fun in the sun. Olivia and Blaine pretty much played around on this blanket all day. I think only Blaine got to venture in the water (hence the chic swimsuit). We had a covered table area that we camped out at for the day and even set up pack n plays and napped the girls at the waterslides.
We borrowed Kaitlyn's Mom's Expedition to get up there and we were PACKED TO THE HILT. We took this picture from the back as we were loading all the millions of camping necessities we would need for ONE NIGHT...or maybe it was two night?? So for TWO NIGHTS. The girls were wedged in around mounds of bags and boxes and suitcases.
We had planned to camp at the Provincial Park right there by the Lake, but we never thought it through enough to make any reservations. I guess when it is summer time and gorgeous and hot out there are other people besides us that like to go camping. Finding out our first location was booked solid we ended up driving up the road in search of a campsite. We ended up setting up camp at this family owned shenanigan of a campsite. The lady in charge liked to walk around and "investigate" what we were up too, at ridiculous hours of the day and then proceed to talk our ear off.
We did it up right with dinner by the campfire (tinfoil dinners!) and lots of awesome time around the fire. Little did we know that Kaitlyn was in fact pregnant on this adventure, but they somehow managed to keep it under wraps until a few weeks later.
We ate a ton of food and had a blast playing in the water. We also stopped by Bob's Burger and Brew in Sumas for Brunch on the way back home (my favorite brunch place EVER!).
I totally forgot I even had these pictures and it was so much fun to look through them again!
4 comments:
I love it! It takes me back to when Kev and I just had 1 or 2... I should do a flashback post sometime. I love it. Thanks for the inspiration!
That looks really fun! I wish I could have gone with you guys.
You guys are welcome to come down anytime and stay with us!
we have to do the water slides again!!! the adults enjoyed it way!! to much!
Thanks for the invite
Post a Comment