Tuesday, March 23, 2010

So close

Sometimes the day goes by and I have to think to myself "Did I hold Bianca today?". A lot of times the answer is no. I mean I hold her, walking to here, walking to there, putting her in a high chair, nursing her... But just chillin' on the couch and holding her doesn't really happen. Before you call CPS let me stipulate that it isn't for my lack of trying. This girl just likes to move. I like to think of her as the incredible acrobatical baby.
If I try to sit down and hold her all of the following happens, not in any particular order:

~scissor kicks
~back arching
~body twisting
~rough arming me out of the way
~jumping off my lap
~back flips onto the cushion beside me
~all manner of body twisting/contorting/ wigging
~legs kicking and bouncing CONTINUALLY

Bath times are even more magical because she is attempting all these magnificent gymnastic things whilst in the water and whilst all slathered up with soap. I am now an expert at "death-grip-on-a-baby-so-she-doesn't-drown-in-the-tub". She will not sit still EVER!! So after an attempt to hold her I lay down a blanket, throw some toys about. Perfectly contented that she can now back flip and pirouette without the hindrance of Mommy's arms, she will continue her gymnastical acrobatics on the floor.

The reason the post is titled "so close" is because she is just about crawling. Her only problem?? She is too strong for her own good. She gets up on her hands and knees and vigorously rocks herself back and forth until she catapults forward and belly flops or face plants (most of the time face plants) on the floor. If she learned to slow down for two seconds she could figure it out, but she gets so excited to be in the crawling position that she catapults herself every time. She is getting to wear she wants to go with the aid of her favorite moves. There is her barrel roll trick, push herself backwards trick, flip herself to the side trick and pivot on her belly with her legs off the floor to change direction. That last one is a toughie, I can barely do it in my workout class (not the pivoting on my stomach thing, but being on my stomach and lifting my arms and legs off the ground thing).



I feel like there are never any picture of my Marky-Mark-Markster on here (just for the record he greatly despises it when I try to shorten his name to Mark, so sometimes I sneak it in when we are in a public area so I am safe from retaliation just to mess with him...which, come to think of it, usually ends up backfiring on me). He is such a good Daddy to play "Cheese" with Olivia over and over and over again so she can take pictures.

3 comments:

kaitlyn said...

ship her off to the chinese for some serious gymnastics training.

(come to think of it, that isn't such a far-fetched idea now, is it?)

Vashti said...

he he he

Unknown said...

I love a good cuddly kid, but sometimes independence is nice too :)

PS, love Marky Mark :)