Thursday, January 21, 2010

Resolutions

I decided after Christmas that I once and for all wanted to get myself back in shape. I have been unhappy with my body for a while now and all the extra baby weight did not help. I feel like I really have a system that works good for me. I am tracking my calories EVERYDAY (even if I fall of the wagon, I still track it) and I joined a fitness boot camp (bellinghamextremefitness.com).
I was pretty nervous about the boot camp at first, but I am so glad that I did it. I love the instructor and I love the camaraderie of our group. I feel like it has the right mix of everything to get my flabby self into it's pre-marriage glory. I am not that fitness savvy, so for me to do something like this is WAY out of my comfort zone. Not to mention the guilt I feel about doing something that is just for me (time away from family, expense, yadda yadda yadda). Marcus is so supportive of my doing it and I am so grateful for that. Plus I joined a weight loss competition and I love the accountability of weighing in every week.
The dieting/tracking my calories has been hard. I love food. Like I REALLY love food. LIKE I REALLY REALLY LOVE FOOD. I feel like everyday is a battle in my mind to make right food choices when all I really want to do is swim in a river of beurre blanc sauce, whilst gobbling up a dozen croissants. I usually always end the night with my favorite Dryer's slow churned ice cream as my reward for being good all day. It helps me to stay on track because if I feel like snacking in the afternoon (my danger time) I just think "stay on track then you can have your ice cream" and it gets me through.
Anyway I am doing this and I am going to be one sexy momma this summer. And if I'm not I am going to feel like a major foolio for posting this. So here is to new year's resolutions, and actually sticking to one this time!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I have fallen off the wagon ALREADY and we're not even into the competition. I went to Utah...ate lots of crap with the fam. Then I came back to Bham and was moving and ate out most days. I actually had a dream where I was inflating so fat that my clothes split off me! (no joke...sad, huh?) Anyway, I hope to be settled into my new apartment in a few days and then what I need to do is get a regimen going and NOT go anywhere or do anything until I'm in a routine.

Peter and Lesha said...

good luck.

kaitlyn said...

you can do it! i am so proud of you... keep up the good work!

Jayme said...

it is funny how when you are dieting everything sounds so much better!

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

Good Luck Vashti! :D