Blogger uploaded these in opposite order, urgh! But here is a side shot of the finished product. Some nice trimmed up bangs.
And here is a front shot. Getting her haircut happened during the week that she was sick, so that's why she doesn't look that excited about it, and why she looks slightly drugged up, glassy eyed and drooly.
We pinned a towel around her so she could have the whole experience!
And bribing her with fishy crackers definitely helped her to sit still too!
My favorite Aunt Rosalie came to visit last week and it was SO MUCH FUN! She has been a hairdresser since she was a wee young lass and I used to get my hair done by her when I was growing up and when we still lived in Canada. I had been nervous about taking Olivia anywhere for a trim for fear they would chop off too many of the locks that I had been waiting all this time to grow in. I was also way too nervous to attempt trimming it myself. Her hair was getting some pretty seriously scraggly witchy ends. I was so thrilled when my Aunt suggested that she could do it for me. It was so fun and such a full circle moment. She cut my hair when I was little and now she is cutting my baby's hair, SO SPECIAL! She did such a wonderful job and you can hardly tell that she had a haircut (as she still has length left), I can still get it into pony tails and everything.
Olivia loves it whenever I do her hair in "pretties" (normally requesting me to do this about once a day at least), so I think under normal circumstances she would have thought it was the coolest ever. That day, because of being sick and doped up, she just sat patiently and quietly with not much enthusiasm about it. The downside? Her mullet is much more....PRONOUNCED.... now that her hair has a straight edge at the bottom. But it also feels so much more healthy now that all the split ends are off.

3 comments:
I feel your pain! My girls don't have decent amounts of hair until they are like 5 :)
i love mullets! it reminds me of my biker chick lezzie days. jk
you have inspired me, blaine has an appointment in 11 days with Melissa! can't wait!
i am impressed... all my pictures of blake getting his hair cut are red faced and tear stained! what a good girl!
Post a Comment