We ate way too much food today! We had Thanksgiving at Marcus aunt & uncle's house (Ronda and Ed). It was a lot of fun and probably the best turkey that I have every had-ever!
Olivia has decided to spend her holiday's being sick. It's been coming on since Sunday but it really got bad today. It's the whole runny nose thing and coughing, deep chest coughs. She doesn't even cough if she can manage it b/c it hurts her, she winces when she does. It is heartbreaking as a mom to watch b/c you just want to fix it. She's not like critically ill or anything-just a bad cold, but this is probably the most sick I've seen her. It doesn't even bother me at all to be up with her because I know she would RATHER be sleeping, her throat just wakes her up. She's not even being that whiney, which really makes me think. I can be the biggest baby when I am sick, so if my "almost not a baby anymore" can take it like the best of them I could probably try not to be so wimpy the next time I am ill. Which honestly will probably be in the not to distant future. I can feel my throat getting sore and Marcus is starting to feel it too. It is nice when she will cuddle you and sit there still, when she is feeling good she's all about her independence. So I guess if there is one good thing you could pick out from her being sick is we get some serious bonding time in those late night hours. It brings me comfort to know that just by being with me it can calm her and make her feel at least a little bit better.
5 comments:
Oh no! I hope that you all feel better soon!
Awwwww, the poor little thing. Know what you mean about the snuggle time when they are sick too. Hope you both don't get hit too hard.
hey can't believe she is almost one!!! crazy seems like just yesterday I was seeing you at the hospital, and having Marcus demonstrate your labor methods to me. hahaha I will never forget it. I can't remember what he said you sounded like now, he will have to remind me. she is super cute and it sucks when they are sick, I have to say when Carson had his fever I know it's mean but wow he was a great sleeper.
sorry you guys are sick, it seems to be traveling all around the county...
Sorry to hear Olivia's not feeling well. It's definitely going around. I know what you mean about feeling so helpless when they are sick, but it sounds like she's being such a trooper!
Post a Comment