Friday, November 21, 2008

What a Week!


Isn't she so cute! She is getting better and better at her balancing, it is so fun to see her grow into a big little kid. She turned 11 months on Sunday so she has only one month left of being a "baby". I watched a little boy named Jonas this week, I watch him on and off, and Olivia had so much fun playing with him. She is still being a rascal about napping and such so having a distraction of a fun little baby to play with has been really nice. It totally distracted her from her crankiness b/c she just wanted to party with him.
It was so cute b/c Jonas would be IN the excersaucer playing with all the toys and Olivia would be standing on the OUTside of it. She would just walk in circles around and they would talk to each other in baby talk and press all the buttons and laugh at each other.
It's been a really challenging time with her lately. Especially so b/c I never really had to deal with this problem, I guess just a little spoiled with how well she slept, so it's like a whole new ballgame. It's like you know she will be happier if she just got her rest, but there is no way you can explain it to her. I implemented some new techniques this week and I'm starting to see a little improvement but it will be a while I think before she gets to a good point. (At least that's what I'm telling myself so I will be prepared for the long haul and if she gets it together sooner than I will just be pleasantly surprised).
So pretty much the fact that tomorrow is "Girl Day" couldn't have come at a more perfect time. It will be the longest I've ever been away from Liv. It will be a fun filled day of shopping (or in my case "look-see" which is like window shopping, or exactly the same as window shopping, "look-see" is just what I call it) and TWILIGHT!! Followed by yummy food at Claim Jumpers, I couldn't be more excited and whenever Liv has been especially "rascally" I just keep visualizing the fantastic time I will be having on Sat! Although I might have to plan something fun for every week if all this no-sleeping craziness continues ;)
Thankfully while my Mom has been gone I've some help so I can have breaks for my sanity. Marcus' aunt Helen hung out with me one morning so I could get some MUCH needed housework done. I've found it is surprisingly hard to clean your house when there is a baby following you from room to room screaming her head off! Also Kaitlyn watched her on Wed night so Marcus and I could have a date. We haven't been on a date since July! It was so nice, we had dinner and went to go see the new James Bond Movie. Also (drum roll please)...................
Marcus actually stayed awake for the WHOLE MOVIE! I couldn't believe it! He normally falls asleep anytime he is sitting for more than 5 min. We also got to see our new niece "Vienna Lou Becker", the cutest little baby of Candice and Steve! So basically it was a Fantastic night.
Well I think I've reached my thresh hold for how long I can let Olivia try to cry it out for nap time............It's Girl Day tomorrow, It's Girl Day tomorrow, It's Girl Day tomorrow, It's Girl Day tomorrow.

5 comments:

Kristina P. said...

She is very cute! Have a wonderful girl's day tomorrow.

Musicmom-Amy said...

She may be a little rascal, but just look at those eyes!!!

teage-and-erin said...

OK my new friend Vashti....look on Stephenie Meyer's website.......and let me know what you think!!!! EXCITING! :)
Thanks for chatting with me today, I always love finding a few friend to talk books and movies with!!

teage-and-erin said...

PS- Your daughter is ADORABLE!!!

Peter and Lesha said...

haven't seen her in a long time!! she is very cute we have to get together!