Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Someday I'll get to it

So I have pictures of Halloween to post, that I have been procrastinating. I know it doesn't take that long to download the pictures, it's just annoying. So everytime I think "I should post that.." I put it off. It's been a little trying here the past couple of weeks.
Olivia has decided she doesn't really care to take naps anymore-which is driving me CRAZY! I think it might be a combo of teething and the age she is at. I think she may be transitioning between 2 naps and 1 nap, she isn't quite tired enough for two naps but by the time the afternoon rolls around she is either over tired and cries forever without sleeping. Or she will conk out and wake up 20 min later ready to party. So I no sooner start a project and then I have to stop to keep an eye on her (she gets into everything). Plus there are just some things I can't do while she is awake, like mopping or laundry room things b.c she gets all into everything!
I know that phases can change fast so I am trying to get through it, but it is hard. I love being home with her and getting to see her explore her world everyday, but I relish her nap times. It is the time I get to do WHATEVER I want/need to do. I can read, clean up, vegetate in front of the TV, those breaks recharge me so I can tackle whatever comes up next in the day. With the teething she will be cranky about everything, so it can be hard to think of things to distract her or what will make her feel better. I know I am making her sound like a maniac, she really is a good baby, but this phase is just hitting a little hard. She is happier when she can just crawl around everywhere and explore-which makes it my full time job to make sure there is nothing I don't want her to get into, and that everyting is clean. As I am writing this she is flirting with herself in the mirror. She looks at herself smiles and turns away, then looks back quickly and smiles again-SO CUTE!
So, if anyone has any tips about how to keep on trucking-or get more zen, I am ALL EARS!

4 comments:

kaitlyn said...

it sounds like you really just don't like olivia... maybe you should just give her up for adoption.... haha.

anyway, it could totally be just a phase, she is getting more teeth. plus, when blaine is like this for a couple of weeks i am usually blessed with like 4-6 weeks of blissful baby after that. shut all the doors so she can crawl around and get into everything and just let her. it is easy to pick up after. anyway, you will make it.

Kristina P. said...

I'm so sorry about the lack of naps! I know that's when a lot of moms are able to have their alone time. Hopefully, she will grow out of it!

Vashti said...

Thanks! I made sure to mop up really good today ( I hate it when here clothes get dirty b/c the floors are dusty) and I will unleash her after snacks.

Musicmom-Amy said...

Yes! I lived with gates and closed doors. A major time saver for me :D Enjoy this time! Before you know it she'll be RUNNING! The transition to one nap is a tricksy thing. Even if she don't want to nap, at least have her lay down with a favorite book. More than not, they fall asleep.

And remember, there's FREE babysitting available over at our house ANYTIME you need a break ;D

PS - Chocolate is good too ;D