Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Where did the time go?


I can't believe it's been two weeks since my last post. I have been very occupied for the past few weeks. I was working at the fair, going to my cousins wedding, camping with the Kaitlyn/Trevor Holman Clan, but must importantly..... WATCHING THE OLYMPICS.
I really hadn't planned on getting hooked on them, or even watching them for that matter, but Marcus decided to record the opening ceremonies and convinced me to watch them. THEY WERE AMAZING. So that was when they first got under my skin. NBC also has a tricky way of getting you hooked in. You watch the beginning parts and in those they start talking about some of the back stories of some of the atheletes. Well then you kinda feel like you know those athletes, so you decide to watch their competitions. During those competitions they do more spots on other atheletes and before you know it you have 43 hours of Olympics recorded on your DVR while you are fast forwarded through the commercials to watch the next turn of the marathon, or biting your nails and sitting on the edge of your couch when Jonathan Horton does his high bar routine AMAZINGLY to only get silver. OR ball your eyes out when Alicia Sacramone falls off the balance beam, or when Laura Wilkinson struggles through her last platform dives of her international career. And then there is the gripping your husbands hand so hard he is loosing circulation because Phelps is racing to get the eighth and final gold. My heart rate is actually going up just thinking about it. My DVR went form 8% available to 75% available and now I don't know what to do with myself. It was the most fantastical, drama filled weeks I could have ever hoped for and now I have to wait 2 years for the winter ones to come around.
It's probably for the best, the house needs to get back to former grandeur and I need to do something else besides whizz through 9 hours of TV a day. (Not that I sat on the couch for 9 hours, I would fast forward through the boring parts, IE table tennis and equestrian stuff, but I would have it on in the background while trying to do some chores). Plus my sleep schedule needs to get back on track, I couldn't help myself from staying up late to watch the finals--dang China being on exact opposite time schedule as us! I will miss trying to talk to Kaitlyn about this heat or that final only to have her say "wait I haven't watched that one yet", or having Jayme call me the day after a very drama filled night of finals to say "did you stay up late and watch--insert gymnastic event here--I bet you cried, didn't you?!". I've kinda had a hard time letting go, I called Jayme today to talk to her about gymnastics drama of certain allegedly underage Chinese girls. Who knew that you could get so hooked!! Olympics you were the best soap opera I ever had ;)

5 comments:

Musicmom-Amy said...

Put oh so well!!! Back to life as it were. Amber & I had Olympic withdrawals as we were in Utah for the 2nd week. Everytime we went near a TV we had to stop and see what was going on.

Unknown said...

Phelps is SO STINKING COOL. I loved the Olympics!

I guess we'll see if we love them in 2 years when they clog the Guide like CRAZY!

Peter and Lesha said...

I love the olympics! I am so sad they had to end, wish they were year round. had so much fun with youat cultus lake!

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

I too was hooked, but wasn't smrt enough ; ) to record them on our DVR so we wouldn't miss a thing... Ahh well...

kaitlyn said...

um i am sick of you talking about michael phelps.... you and marcus need to marry him or something.

I didn't end up seeing the 4x100 but i saw a little clip where both us teams dropped the baton. How tragic! i am not sure what happened with my dvr on that one. bummer!

I had fun with you for lunch today! thanks for coming over!