Friday, August 29, 2008

Managerie of Fun

So these are all different pictures that I liked, they don't really fit together so I thought I would do them all on one blog. I love this first one especially!! Olivia is taking a nap at Trevor and Kaitlyn's house on one of our first outings as a family. Her taking a nap isn't that big of a deal, it's the location.....she's in the cupboard under the stairs!! As being a die hard Harry Potter fan I got quite a kick out of this. She only slept for a few minutes, it probably would have been a better idea to put her upstairs in a real room but I was still in paranoid mom mode. I wonder if she will ever develop any magical abilities?? (Besides being amazingly cute) ;)
This is Marcus' version of babysitting. He has been caught many a time sleeping on the job. At home or at someone else's home or even at church. It's like as soon as he is in charge of her something elemental in his body decides it's the perfect time for napping and poof! narcolepsy here we come ;)
She just loves giving her Momma big huge smiles. Coincidentally right after my "Not a Cuddler" post she decided it was time to start giving me hugs every once in a while, I must say it is HEAVENLY! I've decided if there is anything else that is driving me nuts I will just post about it and maybe it will start going better. Like right now she is on a nursing strike--come on blog gods work your magic!
Marcus has surprisingly took some pretty fun pictures. He snuck this one of me and Liv taking a nap when she was just a wee babe. We are both totally lights out. I love it because I'm normally taking the pictures so it is fun to have some of me and her. It's nice too because Marcus thought it was precious enough to photograph. (That sounded a wee conceited, not that I think I Am so precious-more like the situation, although I am pretty amazing, JK). This co-napping thing ended when she was like 4 months. I don't know if she just wants to play or something if she knows we are near, but it's naps in the crib or no naps at all. She does sleep really well, which is nice, we just throw her in the crib with her 'blankie' on her and walk a way and it's lights out. (We actually don't THROW her in, more like LOVINGLY, GENTLY, LAY HER PRECIOUS SELF DOWN). Her fav blankie is one we got from Ellie Wall, she just loves it which is so cute. She also LOVES HER BINKIE, I forsee much heartache when it ever comes to getting rid of it. Hoped you enjoyed the random fun!

9 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

My favorite is Marcus babysitting one, that is sooo true he falls asleep anywhere. Olivia on the other hand is wide awake and ready to party! that is so great. I also like the under the stairs one, that does fit perfect with your Harry Potter liking.

Peter and Lesha said...

hey me again, yeah I have made all my own food cause I can't stand the smell of the other stuff, he likes sweet potatoes more (he had some today) but he is just so allergic to everything it seems (his eczema was under control and flared up again today) so I am kind of holding off on most solids anyway just cause I don't know what the heck he can eat with out having a reaction. Anyway, thanks for your advise, your right though every baby is so stinkin different!

Jeff, Traci and Kaden said...

Hey Vashti! That picture of you and Olivia sleeping is adorable! I need your email address so I can send you those pictures. My email is tsmonson@hotmail.com

Anonymous said...

Wow. Teri just told me about your blog. Olivia is so beautiful and I always ask dad how you and Marcus are doing but there is just something different about seeing you're fabulous for myself. I have something similar on myspace with all my pics, but there is something about the expectations of a blog (you know the part where you develop a readership that wants you to go back every once in a while) that reminds me that my life is already over committed.

Send me your email addy and I will send you some pics of Madi and Zane. Give Marc a big "howdy" for me.

Lydia said...

Fun post with cute pictures! I love that you put Olivia under the stairs :p

Suzanne said...

those are adorable pictures, i love the one of you two sleeping, you look like twin burritos!

Musicmom-Amy said...

Those are the sweetest pictures :D I had 2 binkie babies and it's not too bad. They'll let go when it's time. It's the finger/thumb suckers that are harder because you can't "get rid" of that kind of binkie :D

The Wilson Pratt Wilson Family said...

Hi Vashti! I hope your little family is doing well. Don't worry about calling Reagan 'Penny.' You probably just got all "confucius" because we call her that too, and I probably did earlier in my blog. It's kind of her nickname, since her middle name is Penelope. We saw Marcus a few days ago at Fred Meyer, and I told him it would be fun to get together sometime! We hear you guys like Settlers of Catan and, while I can't say I have ever played (a shame, I know), Jason is an avid settler as well. =)

Tabitha Anderson said...

Those photos are adorable!! What a cute little family!