Thursday, August 7, 2008

On the Road Again...


My cousin is getting married this weekend, so me and my Madre are making a quickie trip back to the Mother Land!! I'm so excited, Mom and I always have such a blast on the drive and we are staying at my favorite aunt's house--Rosalie ;) It will be a short trip as we will be back by Sunday, but it will be nice to have a girl weekend.
When we get back it is the start of Fair Week. I will be working the Coffee stand again for Jayme's mom, how many years has this been now...like 6 or 7?? My schedule is the best ever, Mon- Fri evenings, which works out fab with Liv's feeding schedule and I have all my sitters lined up! Luckily one of Marcus' family members or one of my family members will be at the fair when I'm working so they are going to have Liv tag along with them. Plus I am also working with the coolest gals ever....Kaitlyn, Jayme, Katie and Suzanne (in no particular order). In previous years I have had to work with gals who I do not hold in high esteem, the feelings were mutual, so that added some awkwardness. This year I don't have to worry about that at all, just all party all the time (oh and the actual "working" part). Plus I'm super psyched to be working with the barista master, JAYME, again. Last year she had the little bambina so she was out of commission, but she will be working her magic this year! Also I have quite the love affair with my beloved fair food, I am already dreaming about Lynden PTA burgers. I am going to try to keep it in check this year, I will make a very concerted effort to only frequent my absolute fav food's. Otherwise any money I make goes straight to the stomach, not directly of course I just spend it all on the food ;0
Also on a side note Olivia got Thrush last week. Marcus has dubbed her our "yeasty beasty", totally cracked me up when he said it. Luckily I caught it early enough that I didn't get infected too. It is a pain with all the ointmenting, as she also has a mild yeast diaper rash. Basically she has yeast coming out all ends. It is almost clearing up now though...Thank Goodness!



4 comments:

kaitlyn said...

don't you mean the MOTHERSHIP?

Musicmom-Amy said...

Gotta love an LDS coffe stand :D I hear you guys make a pretty mean smoothie!

Have a fun trip! And hope Olivia gets better soon.

Jenn @ Cuddles and Cameras said...

Have fun on your trip... "yeasty Beastie" cracked me up too, that's what my sister called it also... Too funny... Glad you didn't get it though

Andrea said...

Adelle had thrush when she was a newborn and your right about it being a total pain. Put on, wipe off, put on wipe off...hope Olivia is better now!