The girls got all dressed up the week before Halloween for a party at the church for the Japanese/English classes taught by the missionaries.
The girls loved getting all fancy! Before we left WA we stopped at Costco to get Halloween costumes. They both picked Princess Ariel mermaid costumes. Costumes from Costco seriously rock.
Bianca all dolled up!
Olivia all dolled up!
The missionaries had the kids do a parade around the room to show off their super cool costumes. The girls loved it.
Bianca needed some help though. They got to eat candy, play games and have yummy food. The Americans that came brought American party food and the Japanese people that came brought Japanese party food, it was pretty fun.
Actual Halloween day was very rainy. We had gone to the PX earlier in the day to run errands and got soaked getting back to the car (gotta love tropical rains!). It gets dark here early and I did not think the girls would do fun trick or treating in the dark and rain. So I gave them another option. When we were at the PX earlier, the girls saw the new Tinkerbell movie (Secret of the Wings) and wanted me to get it. I told them no (it was 19.00, it was NOT their birthday or a special occasion and I only spontaneously buy movies when they are 7.00 or less).
I told them, if they wanted, we could go back and buy the Tinkerbell movie and some candy and they could watch the movie and eat candy instead. They jumped all over it and it saved me the dilemma of having crying kids out in the rain. So we went back to the PX and the girls were SO excited to get the movie. Then I saw that all the regular DVD's of the movie had sold out. Out front of the DVD section they had a display of the movie, in a BLU RAY combo pack. I told the girls it was sold out but they ran over and grabbed a blu ray and were like "NO MOM! IT IS HERE!". I had already sold them on the movie idea and they had their hearts set on it and they do not understand why some movies are more expensive than others. So after deliberating over it, I went and got them the blu ray. So I now had paid 35.00 for a movie that wasn't even a feature length movie (75 min). We have a blu ray player with our new TV so at least we would be able to watch the fancier version, but holy choke!
I warned Marcus about the whole DVD debacle and he was like "You spent how much??" but he would have done the same thing in my position.
Anyway we came home, put on their costumes and had a movie/candy night. This was our first Tinkerbell movie and it was SO GOOD. It took some of the sting of the price away that the movie was so good (plus it had a bonus short movie in it). The movie was all about sisters and it was pretty special, the girls LOVED it. We have been pretty big into the Barbie movies for a long time, but I am thinking I need to be on the lookout for the other Tinkerbell movies as this one was such a huge hit.
Bianca got some snuggle time in with her Daddy while we watched the movie. Olivia was in the other chair, totally enrapt and hardly breathing so was so excited. We have watched it like 3 times since that night (the girls have been sick so it has been movie central around here). I love when they chose it because I love to watch it too!
So yay for plan B's on rainy days! Yay for spending WAY too much money on a 75 min movie! Now it is time to get the rest of the house set up the way that I want and get ready for this little guy to join our family (7 weeks folks!!).
No comments:
Post a Comment