This little girl never ceases to amaze me. Once she sets her mind to something, than that is it. This is a good thing and a bad thing because if she wants something that she can't have, could be hurtful, or whatever that can lead to lots of frustrations between the two of us.
I feel like I am figuring her out though, I have to parent completely differently between the two girls because they just respond differently to situations.
Bianca is fearless and jumps into any situation and one area that this doesn't frustrate me in is in the potty training department. She just decided on Sunday that she was going to wear big girl panties and at first I didn't want to let her wear them, we had a lot of things planned that week and I couldn't deal with potty training right then. She raised such a stink about it that I finally just gave in and let her wear them and figured I would just deal with the fall out and the messes later.
That first day she had an accident right off the bat but then was fine the rest of the day. She insisted on wearing them when she woke up the next day, so panties it was. I never have to remind her, she never wants or needs my help when she goes and will in FACT not go if I am in the same room as her. She takes herself, hops right up on the big potty, does her business, pat pats and flushes, washes her hands and is on her way again.
She will come and tell me about it after the fact, just beaming with pride with a little embarrassed smile and then off she goes to play.
The only thing I have to work with her on is telling me when she goes number two so I can wipe her.
This girl is in panties all day, totally dry, no accidents and doing it all on her own. It is so crazy! I had been dreading doing this with her because of her strong will and wasn't sure how that would relate into potty training and low and behold, I haven't had to do a thing to help her.
I have to remind Olivia to go potty before we get in the car to go somewhere and Bianca just takes care of it all herself! I am so proud of her! She is so proud of herself! We have two big girls in the Radder house now!!




3 comments:
That's awesome!!
whoopty whoop!
Way to go Bianca!
Post a Comment