Monday, February 6, 2012

Chocolate Adventures!

 Our really good friends from back home, the Anderson's, have a Chocolate business called Fresco Chocolate.  We found out that they are now selling bars really close to where we live!  It is in Pacific Grove, right around the corner from DLI at 'happy girl kitchen co'.
 Olivia had preschool this morning and I am off this week from teaching so Bianca and I headed out on a chocolate quest!  After a quick bathroom trip we hunted through the store to find the display, I seriously got a little chill when I saw it up front!
 So exciting to see all the hard work and dreams of a family, not to mention a great love for chocolate, out on display!  I asked the people working if I could take pictures.  I explained how I knew the makers of the chocolate
 The staff was so friendly and gladly walked around with me to explain all their products.  Yummy home canned style good with seasonal fruits and vegetables.  In addition to my chocolate, a must have purchase, I also got a jar of strawberry lemonade concentrate.  I am so excited to make some for dinner tonight!
 It is such a funky and cute store.  We sat and ate our delicious chocolate, and it seriously was DELICIOUS, at this cute table with a beautiful arrangement of flowers and vegetables.  I love dark chocolate and this was the BEST CHOCOLATE I have ever eaten. SO GOOD.  (I am not just saying this because I know the makers, this was for reals good stuff).
I wasn't sure if Bianca would like it, being dark chocolate and all, but apparently she has a refined palate! She kept moaning "MMmmmmmMMMMmmmm" after every bite!  The staff thought it was the cutest!

We also made a stop at Target to get her some new panties.  She has still been rocking this potty training and was awesome about holding it while we were shopping.  She held on to her pack of panties the whole time we were in the store, so proud of herself!  I have really been trying to make this time with Bianca special.  I get one on one time with Olivia quite bit during Bianca's nap and after Bianca goes to bed, but it is not very often that I get time JUST with Bianca.

So when I am not teaching preschool, I really try to do something special with Bianca. Sometimes we do a little craft, just us, or get a little treat, or she is my special helper shopping by putting everything in my cart.  I also make sure to keep saying how this is our special time, just Mommy and Bianca and she also repeats it back to me during our morning together.  We both feel how precious the times is.  It has been so good for both of us and I really cherish these moments that are just the two of us!

4 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

I was just thinking of this today, when I was at the park with kate, while waiting to pick up carson from school, I thought. I am so thankful for this time cause I don't ever just have one on one with Kate.

Andrea said...

So who are these chocolate people? I have never heard of them. Dark chocolate is my treat of choice. Love it, as do all my kids!!
What a fun, and yummy date!

anna b. said...

I must confess your cute chocolate trip has motivated me to go out and to try it! I'm friends with Amy, but for some silly reason felt it was unattainable. I'm silly. Anyway, thank you! I'm excited!

April said...

I am a dark chocolate lover too, and my kids. I love one on one time with my kids, it is the best!
Aperil