Pretty much over the long weekend, we hung out with Murphy and Jacobson a ton. We love them. They are in Marcus company and Murphy is learning Korean with Marcus, while Jacobson is learning Chinese. Marcus made friends with them before we moved down and we have them over for dinner at least once a week. If Marcus is going to go and do manly-man things, then he does it with them (guy movies, workouts etc.... plus he would probably totally cringe that I used the words manly-man things and him in the same sentence.)To say that my girls love them is a gross understatement. They ADORE them. It is the highlight of their week when they come over. They are such sweethearts, so kind and attentive to the girls.
I am kicking myself that I haven't taken more pictures of them. Marcus snapped this from his iPod while Murphy was helping Bianca brush their teeth. That will be my mission when they come over next, to take their picture!
We had a blast with them over the weekend and after dinner one night we got a game of two-on-two going. We went to the basketball courts at Super Park and the girls ran around while we played. I was sore for days after, I guess I am not as in shape as I normally am right now! The second night we played Catan!
Also, a while back, Olivia gave the opening prayer in Primary. Marcus snapped a picture with his iPod. She did so great! I thought for sure she would need help, but when it came time she walked right up to the podium and said "Mommy, I got this." and said her own prayer, unflustered, from start to finish! This was huge for my shy girl. Before she said the prayer she got to sit up in one of the front seats until it was her turn.
No comments:
Post a Comment