Friday, December 10, 2010

Getting our Christmas On!

Olivia was confused when I told her we were making a star for the Christmas tree. My friend Rachel did her Christmas tree über cheaply and I incorporated her ideas when doing ours. Except I didn't do it as fabulously as she did.
My little Konks loved all the Christmas decorating action!
They had just eaten lunch and Bianca is especially messy in all things including and not limited to meal times. Her clothes got trashed...hence naked baby running around.
Here is our little 35 dollar prelit Walmart tree we bought a few years back. Works like a charm.
Except when you can't find the legs to the base. In which case you just pull rice from your food storage and load them in a stock pot to stable it. Which then you also fasten securely to the wall with string and tacks. All of which will not stop you bebe from tearing the whole dang thing down!
3 dollar tree decorations! Just two boxes of candy canes. I cannot take credit for this idea either, Kaitlyn already did this style to her tree. And as all the evidence proves thusly... I follow my friends blindly and with wild abandon. (Can you see my nifty string in the background??)
Candy on a tree?? Awesome idea Mommy!
Thank goodness Grandma Teri was there to be our picture taker! You know you are a SAHM when wearing anything other than yoga/exercise pants makes you feel terribly uncomfortable and constricted. Thank goodness leggins are in fashion or I would walk around looking like a homeless person!
.
Surprisingly no one has eaten the candy canes yet! And I am not the least bothered that they break when they fall off because they are so cheap!

3 comments:

Peter and Lesha said...

cute we did super cheap too and I am so jealous of the fake tree would love to do that but family fights me on it (ok peter does) while you are asleep to night your girls will have a hay day! hahahahaha

Anonymous said...

OH my gosh look how beautiful Olivia is getting. What pretty hair she has! And eyes! She is gorgeous. I like Bianca's look too. I'm excited for you guys. Get the house all Christmased out for when Marcus comes. That will be such a fun treat!

Unknown said...

I love it :)