Anyway I am going to be playing some catch up over the next little bit, this post being one of them. At the end of July Marcus painted the front bedroom and transformed it from the storage and random stuff room to a girlie girl room. It turned out so great and Olivia loves it. We now have all of her books in that room and all the toys are now in the jungle room (her old room). The first week of her being in it was a little rough, she would forget where she was when she would wake up and it would scare her. Plus when we would say "go put this in your room" she would go to the jungle room and then we would have to clarify "no, your NEW room!". It has since become HER room and she loves to go in there, turn the lights off and on and pick out her favorite books to read.
I love the color of the paint. It's a pretty light lilac color with a dark purple band going around the top. Then we did white curtains on the windows. Marcus covered up the electrical panel with a cork board that has pictures of us on it. I still have other things that need to go on the wall, I blame the baby for that ;)
6 comments:
Is that stained concrete for the floor? Whatever it is, it's beautiful!!!
It is stained concrete, that is what our flooring is through the whole house. It's really cheap, if you do it yourself (which is what we did). We stained the whole house for only $300!
What a girly-girl room! How fun!!! Here's an idea for something to put on the wall for Olivia's love of books.
http://raisingolives.com/2009/07/raingutter-book-shelves-tutorial/
I'm planning on doing this for Kaden once I think he wont pull on them too much. I think it's such a great idea to display their books this way.
I love this room so much. I wish I had higher ceilings!
Oh gosh! And I just noticed you put my link up! Thank you!!!
gock! gock. gock!
i love it! it is beautiful.
that line is so dang straight.
Post a Comment